[prMac.com] Seoul, Korea, Republic Of – Seoul, Korea – SEMIX2 DIGITAL WORKS today is pleased to announce yaPlayer 4.0 for iOS, an update to their ergonomically designed video player that supports almost all video formats, including: MP4, M4V, MOV, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, WEBM, ASF, VOB, TP, TS, etc and Camera Roll, iTunes Library. The app features a circular, jog dial controller with digital readout, and can perform video playback at any speed from 0.5x to 1.5x with no change in pitch in the audio. Also supported are Retina display, 720p/1080p, subtitles, chapters, and variable speed search.
With a superb user interface executed with minimalist black & white graphics, the app has been recognized by video pros for its simplicity, functionality, and flawless performance. Eschewing the ordinary transport buttons (Play, Pause, Forward, Rewind), the app instead employs a circular, jog dial controller with one simple button in the center, toggling between Stop/Go. The jog dial resembles a pie chart; as the video plays, the pie fills in. This provides instant recognition of what fraction of the video has been played and how much remains. Small digital readouts to the left and right of the wheel provide exact minutes and seconds played and remaining.
Touch-sensitive, the user can sweep around the jog control to activate a Fast Forward or Fast Rewind search. A separate slider on the opposite side of the screen allows the viewer to set the search speed from slow to fast. Added in this update to the app is variable speed playback. Because most people can hear and understand speech at a faster rate than most presenters can speak, this control allows users to view lectures and presentations more efficiently at 1.5x. yaPlayer provides perfectly synced audio with no change in pitch.
* No video format conversion is necessary for iOS
* Almost all video formats are supported (MP4, M4V, MOV, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, WEBM, ASF, VOB, TP, TS, etc.)
* Hi-Resolution video (720p, 1080p)
* Retina display support
* Chapters and more than 2 Audio Streams supported
* Embedded subtitles (TEXT, ASS, SUBRIP), External subtitles supported (SRT, SMI)
* Continuously variable control the playback speed from 0.5x to 1.5x with no audio distortion
* Play any video in your Camera Roll, iTunes Library; supports “Open In” option
* Integrated Library includes categories, such as: Movie, TV Show, Music Video, iTunesU, and Podcast
* Use a jog dial-like control to move forward/backward through a video
* Continuously variable search speed allows forward and backward movement of 1 second or less
* Supports creation/modification of video groups
* Display video with subtitles on your TV/Projector
* Supports AirPlay Mirroring
* Uses Apple Digital AV Adaptor and VGA Adaptor
* Copy videos/subtitles via iTunes or wirelessly over WiFi using built-in FTP Server function
* Supports streaming and download over WiFi using WebDAV
yaPlayer operates in either portrait or landscape orientation, and jog wheel and readouts can be superimposed over picture when brought up, or in portrait mode they can be below the video throughout playback. Users have the option of moving controls to suit their workflow.
“The video player reinvented!” commented Byulsaim Kwak of SEMIX2 DIGITAL WORKS. “yaPlayer has the best performance and most gorgeous interface of any other available video player!”
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad 1/2/3
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 9.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
yaPlayer 3.1.1 is $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. Review copies are available on request.yaPlayer 4.0
Purchase and Download
Based in Seoul, Korea, SEMIX2 DIGITAL WORKS was founded by Byulsaim Kwak in 2012. The company makes very useful iOS apps with intuitive user experience. Copyright (C) 2012 SEMIX2 DIGITAL WORKS. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Korea, Republic Of