[prMac.com] Oslo, Norway – With the update released April 10, widget weather is now ready to provide the same beautiful weather forecast on the new Apple Watch. Since its release, widget weather has been a dedicated weather widget for iOS 8, offering the easiest way to check the weather forecast is with a widget – you simply just pull down. widget weather is multilingual, universal (iPhone iPad) and has multiple weather icon themes and fonts to provide the weather forecast in your own chosen style. It has a customizable detail level and it’s the first and only weather widget for iOS to feature animated weather symbols. The animated weather symbols can be previewed as animated gifs.
widget weather for iPhone/iPad has two pickable forecast modes:
* Current weather and forecast in 3-hour periods.
* Current weather, 3-hour details for the next 12 hours (24 hours on iPad) and daily forecasts for 6 days
The widget weather WatchKit App has two forecast views:
* Glance view: Current weather and 6-day graphical forecast
* Normal view: Current weather, 3-hour details for the next 9 hours and daily forecasts for 6 days
You get the same accurate weather forecast on the watch with the same customized detail level from your choice of the two pickable weather forecast services, and of course it’s presented with your favorite weather symbol theme.
Full list of features:
* Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6
* 14 beautiful weather icon sets optimized for Retina and Retina HD
* The first and only widget for iOS with animated weather symbols (To save battery, only current weather animates on the Apple Watch)
* Customize the forecast with on/off switches for rain/wind/units etc.
* Font picker, choose your own text style
* Fixed location from map or GPS position
* Two forecast services: openweathermap.org and met.no (met.no is the data provider for yr.no)
* Choose how often new forecast data should be downloaded
* Double tap to update manually (Great for saving data when roaming)
* Tap to expand/collapse extends the visible forecast while using less space
* Weather forecast in 23 languages
* Universal for iPhone and iPad
The widget weather settings app is localized in English, Chinese Simplified, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
The weather forecast is available in: English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian.
The two weather forecast services to choose from are OpenWeatherMap with 40.000+ weather stations across the world and MET (the Norwegian national Meteorological Institute who collaborates with other weather institutes internationally to provide highly accurate weather forecasts globally). Combined they cover just about any place on the planet and the user can choose whichever service they find to provide the best accuracy for their location. More information about the forecast services can be found at widget weather online or their own websites.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6/6 Plus
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 33.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
widget weather 1.5 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Weather category.widget weather 1.5
Purchase and Download
YouTube Video (Apple Watch Preview)
YouTube Video (iPhone Preview)
Animated Gif (Apple Watch)
Press Kit (zip)
Located in Norway, Trond Rossvoll is an independent developer whose focus is building apps for the iOS platform. All Material and Software (C) 2007-2015 Trond Rossvoll/ All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.