[prMac.com] Montreal, Canada – WhereCloud is releasing today its AppCoreKit iOS application framework as an open source project to help iOS developers transition to Apple’s newly announced iOS 7 mobile operating system. The framework is the result of WhereCloud’s extensive experience building great mobile apps in a variety of business domains. The framework is already powering more than 50 applications currently available on the Apple App Store.
The power of the framework can be found in the large feature set. Those features include:
* Data Driven Architecture that allows applications to be constructed mostly by using a descriptive language to do the heavy lifting
* Native Cascading Stylesheets, similar to CSS, that quickly theme the application without writing multiple lines of code
* An easy-to-use layout model that adjusts automatically to content and stylesheets
* An efficient data binding mechanism to ensure proper synchronization between user interface elements and data
* A state of the art multi-threaded network stack providing the easiest way to implement sync with remote data
* A system that’s built on top of the Objective-C runtime, ensuring a developer’s own code is fully compatible with the AppCoreKit framework
“We’ve packaged great implementations of the most common design patterns right into AppCoreKit, so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel every time you sit down and start a new iOS project,” says Fred Brunel, WhereCloud CTO.
The framework and a number of high quality samples are already available on GitHub. iOS developers can quickly start evaluating and integrating the framework in new applications they are building.
“Our goal is to provide a thorough and reliable framework to the iOS development community, to allow them to spend less time on low-level app construction, and more time on the new visual language introduced with iOS 7,” said Brunel.WhereCloud
WhereCloud was founded in 2006 with a focus on technological innovation and the highest quality standards. Located in Montreal, Canada, WhereCloud specializes in creating Apple iPhone/iPad and Google Android apps that are state-of-the-art, user oriented and easy to use. Its products have been downloaded by more than 3 million users and have been included multiple times in the Apple App Store’s “Featured Apps” section. Copyright (C) 2013 WhereCloud. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
CTO, WhereCloud Inc.