[prMac.com] Brisbane, Australia – Schimera today is proud to announce the release of WebDAV Nav+, an update to its popular iOS application. The app, which allows users to share, manage and access files online via iPhone or iPad devices, will now give more control to a central administrator. The new features will allow schools and corporates to better manage access for users.
WebDAV Nav is popular with organisations with multiple users and shared devices requiring access to central storage such as schools, universities, government and business. These new features will give an administrator control to fine tune how the application is used. The updates include:
* The ability to configure the application via a Mobile Device Management (MDM) suite, thereby allowing a central location to manage the connections and settings available within the application.
* A “School Mode” which limits some of the sharing capacity of the application to remove features like P2P file sharing over wifi and bluetooth, the built-in WebDAV server and links to In App Purchases (IAP). This is particularly useful for schools where teachers would like to limit students’ ability to exchange files with each other, or attempt to make purchases through the IAP mechanism.
WebDAV Nav’s new features plus its continued ability to connect securely using industry-trusted secure certificates make the app an essential tool for everyone and is why the app is continually featured on iTunes “What’s Hot” lists around the world. As well as the new features WebDAV Nav+ has just released it continues to offer the ability to:
* Download files and store them locally on the iPhone and iPad
* Open documents in other applications
* Forward multiple downloaded documents by email
* Upload images and videos from the photo gallery or camera
* Browse local storage through a web browser without a WebDAV client by using the built-in WebDAV server
* Stream media straight from the server without downloading the media first
* AirPlay support for streaming local media to supported AirPlay devices
* Exchange files between mobile devices using Bluetooth
* Stream audio playlists in the background while using other applications
* Support for most major RAW camera image formats
* Built-in ePub reader to review non DRM eBooks
* Built-in Markdown viewer
* Full sync feature to keep a remote and local folders in sync
* Album sync to upload local photos to a remote folder
WebDAV Nav+ is also available as a customised white label solution ideal for educational institutions, government departments and businesses that have a need to provide a branded cloud storage client to their users.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* iOS 5.0 or later
* 9.4 MB
Pricing and availability
WebDAV Nav+ 1.7.4 is available worldwide in 15 languages through the App Store in the Utilities category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or publication represented when making a request.Schimera
WebDAV Nav+ 1.7.4
Purchase and Download
Located in Brisbane, Australia, Schimera was founded in 1993 by independent freelance software developer Sean Ashton. Schimera specialises in mobile, open source GIS, web and pervasive computing technologies, delivering to clients across the world in a variety of industries including mining, telecoms, education, location-based services and social networking. Copyright (C) 2013 Sean Ashton. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.