[prMac.com] Munich, Germany – Linguatec Language Technologies today is pleased to announce Voice Reader Text-to-Speech 2.5 for iOS, an updated version of their productivity app that reads entered text, text files, and PDF files aloud. The app supports voice output in 21 different languages using a choice of 32 voices. The professional voice output features high quality pronunciation. This update adds a direct Search feature, a percentage figure for reading progress, speed levels, and an optional erase confirmation. The app is now available at a special introductory price for a limited period of time!
The small screen of the iPhone or iPod touch can make reading difficult, and Voice Reader Text-to-Speech eliminates this problem by clearly reading manually entered text, PDFs, or copy-and-pasted material to the user in a professional, high quality voice. Users find it effortless to listen to documents, speeches, notes, and more. Text heard as audio often helps listeners retain important information, and Voice Reader aids students, employees, and others with oral presentations, learning a new language, or just retaining details more easily. The app allows users to go over their material while doing other tasks, such as driving or working out, and its multitasking feature even lets users work on other applications, while it still reads the file aloud.
Voice Reader now features an efficient Search feature that can find a letter, word, or phrase anywhere in the text. It can also locate a percentage figure through the Go-To function. These features are supported in both the online and offline modes. In response to user request, the percentage display for reading progress and text display is now visible in the offline mode. Other new features include a higher speed level option, as well as a necessary confirmation before erasing. This safety on the erase operation may be deactivated in the Settings menu.
* Professional voice output quality
* 32 different voices (20 female and 12 male) in 21 major languages
* U.S. English, UK English, Brazilian Portuguese, Canadian French, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish
* Search feature finds letter, word, or phrase in on- and offline mode
* Percentage display for reading progress visible in offline mode
* Choice of reading speed (pitch remains the same at all speeds)
* Confirm option before erasing can now be also deactivated in Settings menu
* Manually add text with keyboard or copy & paste
* Opens PDF files directly or from other apps which support the iDocument Interaction for PDFs and read them out
* Multitasking support – reads text aloud while using other apps
* Advanced export option
* Intuitive management
* Optional generation of audio files offline directly on device
* No character limitation on offline voices
* Relaxation and reading aid
* Heighten mastery of concepts by hearing them aloud
* Helps with foreign language pronunciation and vocabulary
* Personal audiobook creation
* Select audio file quality: High, Medium, Low
* Use for dubbing in creating personal audiobooks
Voice Reader is the ideal tool for all users, from students of a foreign language to businessmen and women who need to hear important documents on their device. In the offline mode, advanced operations, such as hearing the text sentence by sentence, skipping through the text, or selecting passages while listening, are available. Any voices can be downloaded through the optional in-app purchase for offline operation.
“The professional quality of our product’s voices makes Voice Reader a rewarding and adept application,” says Marketing Manager of Linguatec Annette Busch. “With its newest features based on user feedback, Voice Reader Text-to-Speech is more straightforward and convenient than ever!”
* English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later (iOS 6 tested)
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 18.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Voice Reader Text to Speech 2.5 will be available at the special sale price of $0.99 (USD) from Oct. 5th to Oct. 7th after which normal pricing of $1.99 will be in effect. Voice Reader Text to Speech 2.5 is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Review copies are available upon request. For offline operation without an Internet connection, optional voice downloads are available as an in-app purchase for $0.99 each. All other LLT apps will be on sale from Oct. 5 to Oct. 7, including: Voice Reader Web, Smart Dict English, Spanish and German, Listen2Mail, and LinguaDict.Voice Reader Text to Speech 2.5
Purchase and Download
Based in Munich, Germany, Linguatec Company develops software for the PC in the areas of translation, voice recognition and voice output, and they are internationally known for their desktop products Personal Translator, Voice Pro, and Voice Reader. Copyright (C) 2012 Linguatec Company. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.