[prMac.com] Zoetermeer, Netherlands – VeprIT today is pleased to announce Resize Sense 1.5.0 for Mac OS X. Resize Sense (Macworld Gem 2012) is a flexible batch image resizer/cropper/converter. Known for its extreme flexibility and convenience, Resize Sense is designed to fulfill nearly any batch resizing need. To illustrate its flexibility: using custom size and saving presets, it is easy to resize many images, each one to several different sizes, and save them in various formats with different filename patterns. All this in a single batch operation, in a few minutes!
Unlike most other batch image resizers, Resize Sense also allows to crop and straighten individual images manually if required, and copy these settings to other images. Resize Sense lets the user decide what to do if, for example, the image aspect ratio changes: crop, deform, or add borders. Or when the image is too small for the requested size: enlarge, extend canvas, skip, or just keep the original. Resize Sense also supports batch image transformations such as rotation and flipping.
While providing a great flexibility for professional users, Resize Sense is still relatively easy to use for novice users. It will save significant amounts of time for anybody wishing to send a number of images by e-mail, keep them on mobile devices, put them on a website with strict size requirements, etc.
* Flexible resizing options. Resize Sense is designed to fulfill any batch resizing need as conveniently as possible
* Custom user presets. A user performing repetitive tasks only needs to configure the resizing and saving options once per task, and save them as presets. It is even possible to apply multiple size presets to every image. Resize Sense also supports saving presets for file naming rules and format settings
* Manual per-image, per-preset crop & straighten adjustment. Most other batch image resizers allow at best to align the crop rectangle to the left/right/top/bottom, but a better control is often required
* Batch image cropper & straightener functionality. Resize Sense can be used as a bulk image cropper and straightener, because it supports copying & pasting of the manual crop & straighten configuration between images
* Batch image format converter functionality. Resize Sense can be used to convert multiple images from any format supported by the operating system to JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, and BMP
* Batch image transformations. Rotation by 90 and 180 degrees, horizontal and vertical flipping
* Live final image preview. The user can see immediately how the final image will look after cropping, extending with solid borders, or distorting
* Simple, intuitive, self-explanatory user interface. Although it is a complex professional tool, Resize Sense is designed to be as simple and intuitive as possible
* Fixed width and height. If the aspect ratio changes, you have a number of options to fix it
* Fixed width or height. The other dimension will be computed to preserve the original aspect ratio
* Fixed output image dimensions. They are assigned to width and height based on the original image orientation
* Fit to a box with defined width and height
* Fit to a box with defined dimensions
* Fixed longest edge size. The other dimension will be computed to preserve the required aspect ratio
* Fixed shortest edge size
* Fixed megapixel count. The width and height will be computed to preserve the required aspect ratio while achieving the required megapixel count
* Crop only. A special type for the case if only cropping (without specific sizing) is needed
Resolution units (available when defining size in inches or centimeters):
* Pixels per inch
* Pixels per centimeter
The following additional resizing options are available. If the original image is too small for the requested size, the user can choose to:
* Enlarge (up-sample) the image
* Extend the image with borders, transparent or of a solid color
* Do not save (skip) the image
* Copy the original image
If the image aspect ratio changes (the requested size is not proportional to the original), the user can choose to:
* Crop the image, aligning the crop rectangle as desired, or even adjusting it manually
* Add solid borders of a customizable color
* Deform the image
New in Resize Sense 1.5.0:
This major update focuses on usability, further improving the user interface flexibility, efficiency, and convenience. It adds a number of features requested by the users
* Completely redesigned Image View with zooming support and other improvements
* Resized images can be saved by dragging them to Finder
* Resized image can be dragged to another application supporting image dropping
* Resized image can be copied to the system clipboard and pasted in another application supporting image pasting
* Images can be reordered in the browser. Combined with saving with sequence numbers, this can be used to reorder saved images
* The crop & straighten settings can be copied between images of different sizes. This is only possible with the Crop only resizing type, when the crop aspect ratio is not defined, and the image is not straightened
* Changed the demo mode restriction in the non-Mac App Store version. Images can now be saved with a watermark in demo mode
* User interface improvements
* Bug fixes
“It is rare that I ever come across a piece of software that I find so immediately intuitive – and Resize Sense achieves that without sacrificing any features or functionality.” – J. Glenn Kunzler, MacTrast Managing Editor.
“Resize Sense 1.3 is a simple app that does some complex things in a relatively intuitive way. The program provides excellent user documentation to guide you to exactly the setting you need. If you have to resize or crop single or batches of images on a regular basis, you’ll be glad to leave the heavy lifting to Resize Sense.” – Jackie Dove, Macworld Senior Editor.
“Resize Sense is a great batch image editing and converting tool that does the bulk of the work for you when dealing with repetitive image tasks, serving as an all-in-one solution for resizing and cropping images to exactly the right form and layout for your needs every single time.” – J. Glenn Kunzler, MacTrast Managing Editor.
“Resize Sense is an all-in-one batch resizer and cropping tool that will save both time and tedious labor in getting one image – or hundreds of images – to exactly the right size for webpages, email, and layouts.” – Jackie Dove, Macworld Senior Editor.
“Congratulation for your software, after long search this is the more flexible, powerful and stable.” – Carlo Vigiani, Viggiosoft.
“I bought this app a couple of days ago and am finding it great…. Resizing images has ceased to be a chore. The layout couldn’t be simpler, all on the one screen, very easy to organise your work. I really like the ability to resize to various dimensions all at the same time. Great price and really fast.” – lensable, Resize Sense user (review on the Mac App Store Ireland).
“I recently bought your app and I must say that after many, many, many trials of similar software, yours is the best for my massive bulk resizing. Simply, fast and careful.” – Eddie, Resize Sense user
Resize Sense 1.5.0 requires a 64-bit Intel-based Apple computer with Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later. Resize Sense 1.2.0 and earlier versions also work on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard).
Pricing and Availability:
A trial version of Resize Sense (which adds a watermark to the saved images) is freely available for download at the application webpage. The current price is 13.99 (USD). The license can be purchased at the download page. Resize Sense is also available on the Mac App Store.VeprIT
Resize Sense 1.5.0
Quick Start Guide
YouTube Video (Overview)
Press Kit (ZIP)
VeprIT is a bootstrapped software company based in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands, founded in the beginning of 2011. VeprIT develops image processing software for Mac and iOS devices (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch). It aims at hiding all the complexity behind a very simple and intuitive user interface. VeprIT also offers custom software development and consulting services focusing on Mac OS, iOS, and embedded systems. Copyright (C) 2011-2013 VeprIT. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.