[prMac.com] Helsinki, Finland – Musopia today is proud to announce the launch of FourChords Guitar Karaoke, the company’s popular interactive songbook now on Steam for Mac and Windows. Just grab your guitar, pick your favorite song, and see the chords and lyrics flow smoothly in front of you while the virtual backing band plays the other instruments. Enjoy the fun karaoke-style play without the need to connect your guitar to the game itself.
Play alongside renowned online guitar instructor Justin Sandercoe (a.k.a., JustinGuitar) using Musopia’s beginner-friendly teaching method, Instant Play. Don’t worry about tabs or sheet music: Most songs include tutorial videos and chord demos that make learning easy and often ridiculously fun. In fact, the entire songbook in FourChords Guitar Karaoke can be played using only 11 chords and features an easy-to-use interface, including adjustable backing tracks … and lyrics!
FourChords Guitar Karaoke launched on Steam Early Access in July and has been regularly updated with new music, gameplay enhancements, and bug fixes. After a successful stint on Steam Early Access, FourChords Guitar Karaoke now includes two advanced features, “Pro Chords” and “Strum Instructor.” Pro Chords goes beyond the root chord – adding and subtracting notes for more advanced playing techniques. Strum Instructor teaches you how to strum in time with songs and when to utilize up and down strokes.
* Enjoy 150 hit songs from the get-go with the included Starter Pack (100 individual songs within the game itself plus 5 free DLC song packs)
* Expand your repertoire with several hundred additional songs available as downloadable content
* Track your progress with experience points (XP awarded after you play each song)
* With FourChords’ Instant Play Method, you don’t need to know anything about tabs or sheet music
* Most songs include tutorial videos and chord demos
* Simplified chords are arranged by professional guitarists: The whole songbook can be played with 11 chords and individual songs can be played with four simple chords
* Tempo and transposition adjustments can be made to each song
* Backing tracks and lyrics can also be adjusted
* Karaoke-style display makes it easy to sing along
* Training available through chord tutorials by the world’s best guitar teacher, JustinGuitar
* Strum Instructor shows a suitable strumming pattern for each song
“We learned a lot from Steam Early Access and took the community’s feedback to heart,” says Topi Lopponen, CEO of Musopia Oy. “The addition of Pro Chords and Strum Instructor supports both beginners and more experienced players – allowing everyone who once dreamed of playing guitar to experience the joy of leading a sing-along with friends and family.”
Starter Package Content (includes 100 free songs and 5 free DLC song packs):
* Pop – Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Adele, Justin Bieber, One Direction, and more
* Rock – Imagine Dragons, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, The Black Keys, Shinedown, and more
* Classic Rock – REO Speedwagon, Oasis, ZZ Top, Journey, Pearl Jam, and more
* Country – Carrie Underwood, Thomas Rhett, Blake Shelton, Tim McGraw, Kelsea Ballerini, and more
Pricing and Availability:
FourChords Guitar Karaoke is now available on Steam (Windows and Mac). At launch, the game is discounted to only $14.99 (25% off the $19.99 retail price) with 150 hit songs included in the Starter Pack. The additional DLC is priced as 3-song pack: $2.99, a 5-song pack: $4.99 as well as a 10-song pack for $7.99 (USD). FourChords is also available on iTunes App Store and Google Play Store. For more information visit Musopia online.FourChords
Download from Steam
Download from iTunes
Download from Google Play
YouTube Video (Trailer)
Based in Helsinki Finland, Musopia Oy is a music software development studio with one purpose; to create innovative and engaging new solutions to help beginning and intermediate guitar players learn to love and play guitar. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Musopia Oy. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, OS X, iPhone, iPod, iPad and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.