[prMac.com] Luxembourg – Houdah Software today is proud to announce the immediate availability of Type2Phone 2.0. Type2Phone is a Bluetooth keyboard emulator. It makes your Mac act as keyboard to iPhone, iPad or Apple TV. Type2Phone also allows for pasting text from the Mac to the iOS device. Every character that could be typed can also be pasted. Type2Phone 2.0 now supports Mac OS X Mountain Lion dictation: Talk to your iPhone or Apple TV.
* Use your Mac as a keyboard to type SMS text messages at full speed
* Send tweets. Update your Facebook status. Chat. With the comfort of a full keyboard
* Reply to emails on accounts configured only on your iPhone
* Paste addresses, passwords, … from your Mac to your iPhone
* Use AppleScript to automate text input to your iPhone
On the Mac, Type2Phone shows every character it has sent to the iOS device. An animated display of key tiles serves as stylish typing history. Type2Phone supports the following 2.0 iOS keyboard layouts: U.S American, Arabic, Belgian, Brazilian (NEW !), British, Canadian, Czech (NEW !), Danish, Dutch, Dvorak, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Polish Pro, Portuguese, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Swiss-French, Swiss-German, Turkish, Turkish QWERTZ (NEW !).
Type2Phone 2.0 is a major upgrade which includes a lot of changes to allow for new features and enhancements. It nonetheless remains a free update to current customers. This upgrade brings a new level of convenience with options to connect automatically as you start typing and disconnect when idle.
Type2Phone 2.0 adds our most requested feature: a plain text view as alternative to the “key slide” animation. It also brings many more profound enhancements: support for EMACS-style keyboard shortcuts, greatly improved AppleScript support, etc. Type2Phone also expands keyboard layout support to include a Brazilian, two Turkish and a Czech iOS keyboard layout.
This version also improves the Accessibility support in the Mac client and adds menu items to control VoiceOver on iOS.
Enable VoiceOver on iOS > Settings > General Accessibility.
Use Mac System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts to add shortcuts to these and other menu items.
* Dictation. Type2Phone accepts input from Mac OS X Mountain Lion dictation
* Added a regular text field as alternative to the “key slide” animation
* Added support for the Czech keyboard layout
* Added support for Turkish and Turkish QWERTY keyboard layouts
* Added support for the Brazilian keyboard layout
* Option to automatically reconnect on wake from sleep
* Option to automatically reconnect on first key press
* Option to disconnect when sent to background
* Option to disconnect when idle for 5 minutes
* Option to swap backspace and delete keys. Enable in preferences
* Improved support for EMACS-style keyboard shortcuts. Enable in preferences
* Vastly improved AppleScript support: automatically reconnect, send raw HID key codes, …
* Remember window position between launches
* Added menu item to clear displayed text
* Added menu items to interact with VoiceOver on iOS
* Bug fixes to existing “key slide” animation
* Added gratuitous “key fly” animation
* Improved Accessibility support
* Implemented application sandboxing
* Mac with Bluetooth enabled
* Mac OS X 10.6.6
* iPhone (3GS or later), iPad (all models), iPod touch (3rd generation or later). iOS 3.2 or later
* Apple TV with software version 5.2 (January 2013) or later
Pricing and Availability:
Type2Phone 2.0 is still priced at $4.99 (USD) or local equivalent. A Free upgrade for current customers. It is available exclusively from the Mac App Store.Houdah Software
About Houdah Software
Purchase and Download (MAS)
Founded in 2005 by Pierre Bernard, Houdah Software is a small company based in Luxembourg, Europe. Houdah Software specializes in quality software for Mac, iPhone and Apple iPad. Their mission is to pair quality products with excellent customer support. Copyright (C) 2005-2013 Houdah Software s. r.l. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, Macintosh, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.