[prMac.com] Naperville, Illinois – Twocanoes Software today announced the release of Boot Runner 2.3 with support for OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Boot Runner is the go-to startup solution for dual-boot Macs in classrooms, labs and enterprise workspaces. Boot Runner 2.3 makes it easy to automate startup control to ensure that Mac-based Windows systems are ready when critical security patches arrive. Boot Runner 2.3 includes detection of and notification for OS X 10.11 El Capitan’s System Integrity Protection.
Boot Runner includes a user-friendly startup selection screen to assist users in choosing the Mac, Windows or virtual environment they need to get work done. Boot Runner 2.3 is a free update for Boot Runner 2 customers with active maintenance contract. Boot Runner is the ideal solution for managing startup control of one or thousands of Macs running multiple operating systems, including virtual machines.
A deep set of controls are available to administrators for remote startup of groups of machines for specific uses or to perform maintenance. Boot Runner scheduling enables administrators to ensure the availability of Windows or other operating systems during scheduled maintenance windows. Mass deployment of Boot Runner managed preferences or configuration profiles takes effect immediately, giving full remote and automated control of Mac boot behavior and state for all of the Macs under management.
The Boot Runner selection screen provides a user-friendly guide for users to choose among available startup volumes. This selection screen can be further customized to include class or curriculum information, graphics and branding. Boot Runner 2.3 includes the following features:
* Support for Boot Camp partitions including Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7
* Support for OS X 10.9 or higher including OS X 10.11 El Capitan
* Support for virtual machine startup (Parallels, VMWare Fusion or VirtualBox)
* Support for Chrome OS and Linux-based operating systems
* Schedule startup into specific OS for scheduled maintenance or group usage
* Remote management of boot selection
* Remote management of selection screen
* Display or hide restart button
* Display or hide shutdown button
Selection and Login:
* Menu bar boot selector
* Custom login options
* Auto-login to OS X account
* Auto-launch of virtual machine host
* Auto-logout and return to Boot Runner selection screen
* Control virtual machine shutdown and logout
* Custom boot volume icons
* New screen customization options
* Customize selection screen popover text
* Customize marquee text formatting
Boot Runner 2.3 System Requirements:
* Mac OS X 10.9 or higher including El Capitan OS X 10.11
A Boot Camp partition and/or virtual machine operating system with a supported installed OS such as Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Chrome OS and Linux.
Boot Runner 2.3 is available now at the Twocanoes online store. Volume & Educational pricing is available for any number of Macs. Boot Runner 2.3 Lab and Site Licenses now include the first year of premium support and maintenance for free.Twocanoes Software
Boot Runner 2.3
Based in Naperville, Illinois, Twocanoes Software was founded by Timothy Perfitt in 2012. Focusing on iOS and OS X exclusively, Twocanoes provides customers with software to perform complex IT tasks with minimum effort. Copyright (C) 2015 Twocanoes Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.