[prMac.com] Vienna, Austria – Eternal Storms Software, developer of Yoink, ScreenFloat, flickery and Briefly, is pleased to release Transloader for iOS and Mac in version 2.0. The app for iOS and Mac makes it very easy to download URLs from an iOS device via iCloud to a Mac. On an iOS device, URLs to dmg- or zip- files (for example) are pretty much inaccessible and the files themselves more or less not usable.
The “workflow” up until now was to copy-paste that link into an eMail and send it to oneself to remember to download it later on the Mac.
With Transloader, all the user has to do is paste that link into the app and it will sync that URL to iCloud. The Mac counterpart of the app will receive that URL and download it to the Downloads folder. So when the user’s back at their Mac, the file is downloaded and ready to use. Because Transloader is based on iCloud, no configuration is necessary for this to work. No server/client setup, no IP adresses, no ports.
New in version 2.0:
* New design for iOS 7 and the Mac app
* Stores URLs from your clipboard for later use
* For better feedback on the progress of downloads on the Mac, the iOS app now shows if a download is still running or finished
* URLs can be shared with other users of Transloader via AirDrop (amongst others)
* Changes in previous versions included support for LaunchCenter Pro
* A Mac with OS X Lion or later
* An iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 7.0 or later
* The same iCloud account on both the Mac and the iOS device
Pricing and Availability:
Transloader for Mac is available exclusively on the Mac App Store for $4.99 (Euro4.49) The iOS counterpart is available for free on the iOS App Store. A demo is sadly not available, because iCloud is only available to applications downloaded from the Mac/iOS App Store.Transloader 2.0
Purchase and Download (MAS)
Eternal Storms Software is a Mac and iOS software company located in Vienna, Austria, Europe. They are known for their Mac apps flickery, a flickr desktop client; Yoink, a drag’n’drop helper app; ScreenFloat, a productivity app that creates floating screenshots and their iOS/Mac apps Transloader, a utility to download URLs from an iOS device to a Mac via iCloud and Briefly, a still motion video app. Copyright (C) 2013 Eternal Storms Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.