[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom – In commemoration of the 70th anniversary of VJ Day – the end of WW2, Ballista Digital Ltd has announced the price of Timeline WW2 for iPad has been dropped to $1.99/GBP1.49 from its usual price of $12.99/GBP9.99 for the weekend of 15/16 August. The multi-award winning definitive history of the Second World War for the iPad, Timeline WW2 brings to life the cataclysmic events of 70 years ago for a 21st century audience. This ground-breaking app features an amazing interactive timeline that revolutionises the way that history can be viewed and understood.
Over 100 films from US and British (Pathe) news archives – many with alternative commentaries by Dan Snow (UK/World version) and Robert MacNeil (US version), combined with over 500 still images, over a 1000 entries and a detailed animated map, give the viewer an insight into the events of WW2 in a way never before possible.
The US and UK version share the majority of the same content, with additional US newsreel films appearing in the American version for the key US related events of the war. The commentaries are also tailored to US and UK audiences.
The Apps features include:
* A zoomable timeline of the entire war – 2000 events can be filtered to show key personalities, battles, locations and more
* Over 100 contemporary US and British Pathe newsreel films, with full AirPlay TV support
* Many films have an additional commentary by Dan Snow / Robert MacNeil which explains the importance of each event, putting it in the wider context of what we now know was happening, telling each story for the modern viewer
* Eight part documentary on the War in the Pacific – eight short films that can be viewed either with their original sound track as individual films, or with an alternative soundtrack which features modern commentary combined with the original soundtrack to create a narrative of the whole war that runs across all eight films
* A day-by-day view of the war, giving in depth information on all of the key events
* A dynamic map of the war, showing invasions, occupations, allegiances, fronts and country boundary changes – the only such timeline map anywhere in the world
* See the location of the timeline events on this dynamic map
Timeline WW2 Press:
Timeline WW2 is one of the most impressive history apps we’ve seen yet, and has set the bar very high.” – History Today Magazine
“Timeline World War 2 is a fantastic way to teach eager minds the course of the conflict….Worth the buy? Absolutely. Even if you’re not a World War II buff, it never hurts to learn about the past.” – USA Today
“Navigation is smooth and intuitive in Timeline WW2…..this immersive app for the iPad.” – New York Times
“Timeline World War 2 stands out with features that put history in context….it is absolutely gorgeous…Features like a scrollable map, updated audio for newsreel footage, and day-by-day layout of information…create an app that really stands apart.” – MacWorld
“It’s a groundbreaking application in that it fully realizes the museum experience, providing a nuanced exploration of a huge amount of data……for any fan of the History documentaries, this is sure to be a perfect gift or self indulgence. It’s beautiful, it’s expansive, and it’s a great demonstration of what the iPad can do at its best.” – TUAW App Review
“The app is impressive, centred around a timeline of more than 2,000 events during the war, a dynamic map, and Snow’s own commentary on the Pathe videos.” – The Guardian
“Dan Snow brings the cataclysmic events of the Second World War to life…..unique timeline maps and expert commentary from the estimable historian himself. The ultimate guide to the ultimate conflict..” – Independent on Sunday
* 2013 WEBBY Award – Education and Reference
* LOVIE Award Winner – Education and Reference
* Daily Telegraph – Top 100 Essential iPad App
* Sunday Times – The App List – Top 500 Apps in the World
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 817 MB
Pricing and Availability:
For the weekend of 15/16 August only, Timeline WW2 (v1.1) is currently priced at $1.99 USD (Reg $12.99) or equivalent amount in other currencies, and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category. For further information please contact Cassie Pope or visit Ballista Digital online.Timeline WW2 (v1.1)
Purchase and Download
Ballista Digital is a ground-breaking producer and publisher of apps for the general interest, education and museum and heritage markets. Recent apps include: Nelson, for the National Maritime Museum; WW1 Tanks for the National Tank Museum; Timeline WW1; Timeline Castles. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Ballista Digital Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.