[prMac.com] Milano, Italy – Tension Software is pleased to announce the release of My IP 2.3 for macOS, a utility app to see with which public IP address you are connected to the net (different from your IP address inside your LAN). It can work also in background and can optionally show the current IP in the menu bar.
The public IP is the IP address you use to connect to the global net, the address the rest of the world see you at. The public IP address sometime can be static (always the same), sometime dynamic (changed by the internet provider over time at any connection).
Obtaining the IP value of your connection could be not easy, particularly if you are behind a modem router. In the case you are using a modem router, using normal system utilities, your IP address will be indicated as equal to your LAN (Local Area Network) IP address, with is really just your address inside your local network, totally different form your true external public IP address on internet.
Your internal IP address has no value outside your local area network.
My IP works instead indicating always your true internet IP address, the one the world can see you at, detecting the IP address your modem router uses to connect with the rest of the world, with is the address the rest of the world identify you and can use to connect to you.
Knowing your true public IP address is mandatory in many situation where you have to specify, specially for external use, at which address you are and can be reached by servers or desktops outside of your LAN.
My IP offers a simple and intuitive interface, a fast use and the option to work with 4 different servers to show your public IP address. It can optionally display the IP in the menu bar also when in background and log the IP changes on disk. Log can be rewetted at any time.
* Fast and easy to use
* Useful to know your public IP address behind a modem router with a shared IP
* Able to show your public IP where usually system utility fails showing just your LAN IP
* Instant result available at launch
* Can use 4 different servers to calculate your public IP
* Can log the IP and its changes on a log on disk
* Can optionally display in the menu bar the current Ip also when in background
* Copy the IP from within other applications from the menu bar.
* Includes embedded PDF User Guide
* Has a similar native version for the iPhone , ‘My Public IP’ available on iTunes
New in this release:
* Layout and Interface Update
* Possibility to use a shorter check IP interval (from 5 seconds to 59:59)
* Bug fixes
* Various Optimization
* 1.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
My IP 2.3 is just $2.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category.Tension Software
My IP 2.3
Purchase and Download from Mac App Store
Tension Software develops software for macOS and iOS using the latest Apple technologies. Other brands and products referenced herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2018 Tension Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh Mac OS X and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.