[prMac.com] Bath, United Kingdom – Renniksoft today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of Telly Genius 1.2, an important update to their popular television viewing recommendation app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. Telly Genius is built on the same powerful technology as is used in Renniksoft’s popular Movie Genius app, offering a complete entertainment discovery platform for viewers of all ages.
Telly Genius is a breakthrough app that features a powerful recommendation engine that allows anyone to discover hundreds of television shows they may not otherwise have heard of. The app offers show recommendations based on a user’s likes and dislikes, the television shows they browse in the various categories available in the app, and other users’ ratings. The app then compares those ratings to available storylines and audience ratings, and suggests television series and specials that offer similar subject matter, are of a similar genre, or star the same actors. Telly Genius’ suggestions are similar to those someone might receive from a fellow avid television fan.
“When we released Movie Genius, it was extremely well received by movie fans everywhere. The app offered moviegoers the fastest, most reliable, and most comprehensive way for them to find just the right movie to watch,” says app developer Clive Skinner. “One of the most common requests we received from users was for us to take the same technology and apply it to television shows. Never let it be said we don’t listen to our customers!”
* Intelligent recommendations based on matching themes and plots
* The app learns a user’s likes and dislikes. The more you use it, the smarter it gets
* Quickly search for favorite shows to rate, and Telly Genius will find similar shows
* Save personal lists of shows to discover and see
* Get all the latest TV news, right in the app
* See which shows are currently airing
* Discover the most popular shows of the moment
* View TV show trailers and clips with just a tap
* IMDb – Link straight through to IMDb pages
* View show cast and crew lists, pictures and biographies
* Share your show recommendations with friends and family via Twitter, Facebook, or email
Telly Genius not only recommends shows that are carried on the major over-the-air networks, but also those found on premium cable channels, such as Showtime, HBO, Starz, and more. Parents will find it’s easy to control which television shows their young ones can search for via the app, as they can filter the content according to the standard TV ratings of TV-Y, TV-G, TV-PG, TV-14, and TV-MA. This protects young eyes from viewing material that may be too mature for them.
What’s New in Version 1.2:
* Blank movie details screen now fixed
* Results will only update when you refresh, making them easier to read
* Rated movies are now excluded from results to make new recommendations easier to see
* News images are now displayed properly
In addition to being available as a single app purchase, Telly Genius is also available in a two-app specially priced bundle with Movie Genius. The convenient bundle is available for $4.99 USD, marking a substantial savings from the usual $6.98 it would cost to buy the apps separately.
“When users have Telly Genius installed on their iOS device, they’ll always be able to find a television series or a particular show that they’ll know they’ll enjoy viewing,” continues Clive. “Now they’ll never be faced with the age-old problem of ‘there’s nothing good to watch on TV.'”
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 9.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 18.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Telly Genius 1.2 is only $2.99 USD (or an equivalent amount on other currencies), and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. The app is also available in a convenient bundle with Movie Genius 5.6, for $4.99 USD. Review copies are available upon request.Telly Genius 1.2
Purchase and Download
Purchase Bundled with Movie Genius 5.6
Based in the historic city of Bath in the United Kingdom, Renniksoft was founded in 2011 to develop innovative and original apps exclusively for the Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Renniksoft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.