[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom – Andrew Buck, a visionary graphic design teacher at Hastingsbury College of Business and Enterprise in Bedford, has collaborated with his students and smartphone app experts, who are also parents, at 4fx Design & Multimedia in Milton Keynes to create Exam Pal. On receiving clearance from Apple’s App Store, the app was launched on 11 November 2012 to help pupils in the UK, USA and international schools with exams. With the January exam session complete and the 2013 summer exams fast approaching Exam Pal is gaining momentum and being downloaded by students trying to overcome exam stress and achieve their potential as well as supportive parents.
“Secondary schools give pupils a paper copy of their exam timetables just weeks prior to their examinations which are scheduled throughout the year. It contains vital information such as the exam paper details, entry levels, date, time, duration, venue, candidate and seat numbers. Needless to say, the schedules often become damaged or lost. Some UK GCSE students can have up to 16 exams this Summer!”
“Even though examination boards tend to arrange the exam timetables several months in advance, most candidates tend to use their personal timetables issued by the school before they start revision. Valuable time for revision planning is lost with students often using incorrect revision methods or simply wanting to know how and when to start revising.”
“I had an idea to solve this problem, which I shared with Julie King and Chris Coomber from 4fx. I applied my fifteen years of working as a school teacher and examinations officer to create Exam Pal along advice from my students for Android and iPhones – most teenagers carry them. It provides personalised exam schedules months in advance, time management tools, revision techniques and advice to help them organise themselves and reduce anxiety,” explained Andrew.
Exam Pal provides the type of workflow tools that many adults use in the workplace. Lessons, homework and exams, including mocks, are colour-coded within the timetable. There is also a daily countdown function and alert feature so examination dates can’t creep up on candidates.
“At 1.99 we think this will be a big hit with parents who can keep an eye on things by linking their online diaries into their children’s Exam Pal app,” said Chris at 4fx, who led the development team.
Pupils can plan their revision into their personal timetables and use Andrew’s revision tips and advice to help cope with the pressure. Exam Pal also provides guidance on examination grammar and vocabulary, with access to past papers to help optimise the students’ results.
“The support provided doesn’t stop the day you complete your last exam. It stores the user’s exam results ready to print out when applying for jobs, university and college placements. I personally think this is a simple but effective milestone because, let’s be honest, how many people lose their school exam results paperwork?” concluded Julie King, director at 4fx.
Exam Pal is a feature-rich, innovative application that is committed to raising the awareness of examination preparation and success. It provides a support system for all students taking exams and includes free revision tips and templates via the website www.exampal.co.uk.
As reviewed by The Times Education Supplement March 22nd 2013.”A Resources Special: Revision – A lifeline in testing times”
As reviewed by the Daily App Show US on November 2012.
About Exam Pal:
Exam Pal aids students studying at GCSE, iGCSE, GCE (AS), VCE (A2), GNVQ, ELC, AEA, FSMQ, STEP, Diploma, NQ, iBAC, SATS and ACT levels. It is automatically updated as soon as exam information is released from mainstream examination boards (AQA, Edexcel, OCR, CCEA, WJEC, Ibo, SQA, College Board and ACT). The app is available to download from the App Store at 1.99 and users receive upgrades as they are released at no extra charge. To be used by students studying for examinations in the UK, US and worldwide regions.
Are you a student studying for forth coming examinations? Are you a student struggling to cope with the demands of revision and multiple exams? Are you a student desperate for revision help but don’t know where to start? Are you a parent who wishes to help their child to academic success?
With a multitude of examinations undertaken by today’s students preparing and keeping track of your examination schedule can be a real headache. Exam PAL is a must have application for all students who are studying subjects at GCSE, iGCSE, GCE (AS), GNVQ, VCE (A2), ELC, AEA, FSMQ, STEP levels, SAT, PSAT, ACT, CLEP, NMSQT, AP, IBAC, Diploma and NQ.
Exam Pal enables you to find scheduled dates and information for any exam currently awarded by all the major Awarding Examination Bodies such as AQA, Edexcel, OCR, CCEA, WJEC, College Board, ACT, IBO, SQA and UCIE. Once you start using the application you will use nothing else to help schedule your exams, organise your revision time and track your examination success.
Find your exam dates even before your teacher!
* Personalises …
* Add your Name, school/college, candidate number, school/college number to your Home page
* Create a bespoke timetable based on your subjects and examinations scheduled by awarding bodies
* Keeps track of your past exam results and data
* Add any examination, test, homework or event manually that appeals to you
* Easy to follow pages beautifully presented with the user in mind
* Add details into your exam such as subject colour coding, notes, venues, alerts, seating numbers and exam day countdown
* Creates a bespoke syncing calendar with easy to view icons and options
* Enter your personal class timetable to help track your lessons over a one week or two week timetable
* Set and schedule homework and events at a simple push of a button, no long winded details or complicated scheduling
* Automatically records exams that have passed with the ability to record your results
* Syncs all details to your icalendar
* Add exams manually for occasion such as mock exams and oral tests
* Feel energised and confident with the informative revision tips page helping you towards examination success
* Examination tips include, before the exam, whilst in the exam, after the exam, top ten revision tips, managing stress, time management, links to past papers, planning your revision and so much more.
* Provides a weekly and monthly revision planner template
* Provides tips on grammar and examination vocabulary
* Schedules for Results days and the examination code of conduct
* Your questions answered, compiled from 15 years of examination experience
* Enables you to share your examination thoughts with your parents, friends and contacts
* Enables you to share your examination results with your parents, friends and contacts
* View schedules for Results days and read the Examination code of conduct
* Share your thoughts with us through social media such as Facebook and Twitter
* Keeping you alert means you will never miss an event, homework or exam with our push notification centre
The ‘Exam Pal’ application has undertaken extensive research into exam relevancy and examination dates and data. Due to the variations in ALL exams and specifications this information may not be completely definitive. If you have any queries regarding your examinations in your school/college, ask the person responsible for administrating the Examination process or your teacher/tutor. The ‘Exam PAL’ Application Developers accept no responsibility for exam times that have been changed or administered by the candidate’s school/college or Centre. Candidates are prompted to use this ‘Exam PAL’ Application in conjunction with their personal examination timetables issued by their school/college or Centre.
* iOS 4.3 or later
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* 3.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Exam Pal 1.1 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.4fx Design and Multimedia
Exam Pal 1.1
Purchase and Download
Located in London, United Kingdom, 4fx Design and Multimedia has a fresh and vibrant approach to business and a solid knowledge of the graphic design and technology industry, Milton Keynes based 4fx provide innovative and effective graphic design, website design and build and marketing solutions for print, web and mobile phones. Whether you are a start-up business or an established international company, 4fx have the designers to develop your business cost effectively and so create the right impression for you in your marketplace. Copyright (C) 2013 4fx Design and Multimedia. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.