[prMac.com] Leamington Spa, United Kingdom – DemonStudios today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of Super Grav 1.0, its second game title developed for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. Super Grav is a retro gravity cave flyer for 1-4 players, featuring single player or co-op multiplayer missions, racing and dogfighting. With fast-paced, super smooth 60fps gameplay, pixel-perfect collision detection and that ‘just right’ feel to the physics, Super Grav offers a true test of skill, precision and reflexes. Dodge enemies and bullets, navigate caverns to complete Missions either solo or co-op, battle deathmatch in Dogfight mode or see who can complete 3 subterranean laps the fastest in Race mode.
Back by popular demand, with graphics inspired by the 8-bit and 16-bit era of gaming, Super Grav is an extended remake of DemonStudios founder James Shaughnessy’s very own first game and 1998 Net Yaroze coverdisc hit, Gravitation.
* Pixel-perfect collision detection and super smooth 60fps gameplay
* Single-player Mission and time trial Race modes
* Local multiplayer split-screen up to 4 players(*), in either co-op or versus Mission mode, and Race, Dogfight or Pod Hunter versus modes
* Face-to-face 2-player tabletop play using just the touchscreen(*)
* Game Center online Leaderboards and Achievements – compete with friends for the best Mission scores and fastest Race times
* Textbook 1, 2 or 3-Star rating on each mission – Aim to 3-Star all missions individually and ultimately all in a single run
* 27 Mission maps, 9 Race maps, 3 dedicated Dogfight maps, plus a bonus of all 9 original Gravitation maps + more
* PowerUp Pods offer weapon upgrades such as triple shot and rapid fire, or strike an opponent with a Negative PowerUp such as reverse steering or gravity
* Watch full replays of the action at any time, with automatic saving of record-breaking Mission and Race replays
* Easily move and scale all in-game touchscreen controls to suit every player
* Lots of configuration options in versus modes, such as disabling weapons and ship-to-ship collisions which is great for really pure racing
* Handicap system: add weight or weapons to help balance versus modes for differing player skill levels
* An original chip tune music soundtrack by DaveDexterMusic
* Supports iOS Game Controllers
(*) Due to the physical limitations of multiple people using a touchscreen simultaneously, iOS Game Controllers are required for 3 and 4 player mode.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6/6 Plus
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 41.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Super Grav 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Super Grav, the retro arcade gravity game that’s great fun chasing high-scores in single-player and even more fun in local multiplayer.Super Grav 1.0
Purchase and Download
Press Kit (zip)
Located in Leamington Spa, United Kingdom, DemonStudios Ltd was founded by James Shaughnessy. Having over 10 years experience working at Codemasters on AAA titles such as Pro Race Driver and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, James left to pursue his dream of being an independent game developer with full creative control over the games produced. With many ideas in development, two titles to date have been released: An iOS-exclusive turn-based online war game called Lead Wars, and recently an updated remake of his first ever game, Gravitation, created on the Net Yaroze and published on the Official PlayStation Magazine cover disc in Europe in 1998, now on multiple mobile and desktop platforms, called Super Grav. All Material and Software (C) 2015 DemonStudios Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.