[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom – Strange Flavour Ltd. today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Fish! 1.2, an important feature update to their popular Apple TV and iOS game title. The the sequel to the company’s hit iOS game Flick Fishing, players can fish in 10 gorgeous living 3D locations for 32 different kinds of fish and unlock them to show off in their virtual aquarium.
Version 1.2 brings a lot more requested features and continues the legacy of Flick Fishing, the game that set the standard for mobile fishing games when it was launched on the App Store in 2008:
* The game’s UI and a lot of the underlying structure has been completely re-written. We’ve kept the original Flick Fishing game code of course, but the way the UI was written made it difficult for us to update, add new fish, locations etc. and made it tricky to keep the iOS and Apple TV versions in sync. The new setup should make it easier to do more regular future updates and hey, maybe even a Mac version?
* New Network multiplayer. The entire network game has been completely rewritten, enhancing reliability and making it more practical for it to work cross platform with Apple TV (or Mac).
* Collections! A popular feature of the original game, the 4 junk items from the first release were expanded to a whole sea of random junk that you could collect in sets to cash in for various upgrades. In Fish!, the collections can be traded in for all sorts of upgrades and extra game modes.
* A Fish Guide! The Flick Fishing Megaguide was a very popular IAP item when it was introduced and gave players a heads up on where to catch all the fish. The Fish Guide starts simple, with suggestions of 3 different fish you can catch in each spot but can be upgraded by collecting sets of treasure items to full details of all fish, what bait, what cast distance and even a Fish Computer that shows what fish you’re likely to hook when you cast.
* Xtreme and Night Mode fishing spots. Unlocked via the collections, these modes give you a whole new spin on the various fishing spots (as well as potential for bigger fish).
* New Fish. Only a couple for this update, but many more coming.
* A new fishing spot.
* Definitely more Cobia! For some reason, the Cobia were set to being extremely rare and hard to catch. They’ve been tempted back with more cake for this version.
* iPhone X Compatibility
* There’s also a ton of fixes and tweaks under the hood and there’s more coming.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.1 or later
* Apple Watch support
* 247 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Fish! 1.2 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Promo codes are available for members of the press. For more information, please contact Aaron Fothergill.Strange Flavour
Purchase and Download
Founded in 2004, Strange Flavour Ltd. is a small, privately held UK based independent game developer run by two brothers. Aaron and Adam Fothergill have 50 years of combined experience in the gaming industry. After taking the Mac world by storm with their award winning games, Airburst Extreme and ToySight, the company has been creating hit iPhone games, including Flick Fishing, published through Freeverse, which was one of the top selling iPhone games of all time and the #1 slot car racing game SlotZ Racer. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2004-2017 Strange Flavour Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.