[prMac.com] Alajuela, Costa Rica – Vehicles require regular maintenance, not only to run smoothly and maintaining its resale value and warranty, but most importantly, to prevent accidents, unexpected breakdowns and higher maintenance costs. Rodolfo Vasquez, the independent developer of high-quality apps behind RoundedApps, today is pleased to announce a new update, immediately available, of RememberTheOil – Car Maintenance and Fuel Tracking (MPG) version 1.6, a productivity app developed exclusively for iPhone and iPod touch.
Carefully designed for car enthusiasts with need for granular detail tracking as well as for vehicle owners who look for an easy way to stay on top of their vehicle’s maintenance schedule and fuel economy. RememberTheOil learns about your daily usage based on your mileage and fill-up updates. Using this data it estimates and provides alerts for upcoming services along with a graphical progress overview for each service reminder.
This update introduces Dropbox Sync, making easier to back up and restore your vehicle’s data into Dropbox, automatically. This new feature is perfect for families who share multiple vehicles, since it provides the ability to use one Dropbox account to sync multiple devices, regardless if they have iCloud accounts.
What is new in version 1.6:
* Dropbox Sync: back up, restore and sync between multiple devices
* Support for boats and equipment measured by hours (instead of miles or kilometers)
* Partial Fill-ups
* Ability to customize amount of decimal places
* iCloud enabled
* Ability to track multiple vehicles
* Service due dates are automatically estimated based on vehicle usage. Your vehicle’s usage is calculated when you register a fill-up, a maintenance record or simply by updating the vehicle odometer in the app
* Intuitive graphical display of service reminder’s progress
* Pre-defined car services reminders like Oil, Brakes, Coolant, etc., with commonly used requirements of mileage and time
* Ability to create custom service reminders. Including the ability to define distance and time frequency
* Support for optional service reminders (like Tire rotation, windshield wipers replacement, etc.). Optional service reminders are not included in the estimate of the next service
* Metric system support. Each vehicle can be configured in either miles (U.S. or U.K) or kilometers. Fill-up can be entered in gallons or liters
* Ability to edit fill-ups, maintenance records and mileage updates
* Support for several fuel efficiency metrics, including MPG and L/100Km
* Export vehicle history by email
* Support for Retina Display and 4 inch displays (iPhone 5)
* English, Spanish and French
* iPhone, iPod touch, iPad
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 8.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
RememberTheOil – Car Maintenance and Fuel Tracking (MPG) 1.6 is only $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.RememberTheOil – Car Maintenance and Fuel Tracking -MPG 1.6
Purchase and Download
Press Kit – zip
Located in Costa Rica, Rodolfo Vasquez is an independent developer with more than 17 years of experience in the software industry. A former Software Director of a gaming company who decided to follow his passion for creating beautiful and carefully designed apps. Since 2010 he has published 3 applications in the App Store, with an overall ratings of 4.5 stars. Copyright (C) 2010-2013 Rodolfo Vasquez. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iCloud, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.