[prMac.com] Rockford, Minnesota – True North Software today is very proud to announce the release of Station 3.0, the company’s multilevel (hierarchical) launcher for macOS. Station promotes a more natural organization of applications and documents into folders. With nested folders, you can arrange items in Station in a way that fits your workflow with an uncluttered look and feel. Scalability is greatly increased through logical groupings thus increasing the sheer number of items that can be added to Station without having to shrink the launcher size.
Productivity is increased because related items can be grouped together into a single folder. For example, one folder can contain work related items and another folder gaming items. Another useful feature of Station is the ability to launch, all at once, the items in a launch folder. This is useful when switching between tasks like business and spreadsheets to graphics work. With ten levels of folders available, enough space is provided to spread out even the most diverse set of applications and documents.
Station has been quickly evolving through new features and enhancements over the past several releases and version 3.0 continues that growth. Many customers looking for an alternative for DragThing have found a new home with Station. Version 3.0 offers many new features:
* The contents of Finder folders stored within Station can now be browsed through a live list menu
* A favorites window was added that is sourced from a designated Station folder
* Weblinks can now be renamed in the same manner as folder items
* Added a Station Keyboard Summary file that shows the key combinations that are used in Station
* Added a utility to identify panels containing broken links
* A preference was added to choose the default action for Finder folders (“Open Finder Folder” or “Show List View”)
* A preference was added to set the volume level for sounds within Station
* A preference was add to customize spacing between items
* A global key preference was added to show the Favorites window
* A global key preference was added to collapse all open panels
* A global key preference was added to open the Favorites window
* User interface refinements
* Some speed optimizations
* Other enhancements
* Requires macOS 10.13 or higher
* 64-bit processor
* 19.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Station 3.0 is priced at $14.99 (USD) and is available through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category. A demo version is available from the True North Website. For more information, please contact Brendan Murphy.True North Software
Purchase and Download (MAS)
Located in Rockford, Minnesota/USA, True North Software, founded in 2003, provides design solutions for Apple platforms. With a passion for Apple technologies, our focus is to provide real world solutions that make a difference in the lives of people. All Material and Software (C) 2003-2020 True North Software / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.