[prMac.com] Salt Lake City, Utah – PixelSplincher is excited to announce Sprite Cutter version 3.3, a powerful update to the best iOS app for cutting out faces, pets, or any other shape from your photos. Using the new Portrait Effects Matte that Apple added to iOS12 portrait mode photos, Sprite Cutter can cleanly pull foreground figures off the background and save them as PNG or Gif format images with transparent backgrounds. Combined with Sprite Cutter’s subtraction, holdout, and boundary shapes, it is easier than ever to make clean cutouts with precise control.
Apple’s Portrait Effects Matte technology uses the iPhone’s depth camera in conjunction with machine learning algorithms to segment foreground subjects from the background, cleanly preserving sharp edges and capturing problem areas like hair or fine edge features with amazing detail and partial transparency. Sprite Cutter can use this segmentation as the starting point for for your cutout, letting you add or remove areas using Bezier curves as well as a color removal filter.
And, Sprite Cutter’s unique Depth Cutter can use the depth data embedded in your photos to cut out foreground and background elements by selecting only a range of depths, allowing you to define your own segmentation. All the Sprite Cutter filters are implemented directly in Metal, and run with blazing speed by taking advantage of the GPU.
* Cut multiple sprites from a single image, save separated or as a single picture
* Cut out green-screen backgrounds, or any other color with range, edge softness and color fringe removal
* Use embedded depth data taken with newer iPhone cameras to perfectly cut objects based on distance
* Use curves with green screen or depth keying to hold out or cut out elements
* View and edit sprite with background visible, removed, or as black & white mask
* Magnified view inset makes precision cutting easy
* Save sprites as 32-bit PNG images with smooth transparency and lossless compression
* Soften sprite edges for glow or halo effects
* Save sprites to .gif files with transparency
* Inline help: documentation with no internet connection needed
* Undo-redo: hey, nobody’s perfect…
* Optionally rescale sprites on export to fit standard 64×64, 128×128, or 256×256 resolutions
* Nudge position and scale of shape for quick adjustments to the whole shape
* Double-tap on any curve point to quickly smooth the curve
* Insert and remove points with a touch
* Save and reload curves
Note: A sprite is a small image, stored with transparency information (called an ‘alpha channel’) which hides the portions of the image you don’t want to see. Sprite Cutter uses standard 32-bit PNG format to save your image with lossless compression, and an 8-bit antialiased alpha channel. This makes the sprites compatible with web browsers and virtually all apps which work with pictures.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 11.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 108.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Sprite Cutter 3.3 is $1.99 and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo and Video category.Sprite Cutter 3.3
Purchase and Download from App Store
YouTube App Preview
PixelSplincher was founded in 2011 by veteran visual effects programmers Frances Dose and Arnie Cachelin. Their sole focus is to apply years of coding and graphics wizardry to the creation of enchanting apps. Copyright (C) 2018 PixelSplincher. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.