[prMac.com] Toronto, Canada – On September 28th, independent developer Richard Penner released Sound Collection, an iPhone app designed to help people stay on top of their music collection. After having a son in the fall of 2011, the idea came to Richard organically.
“I knew I was missing albums from the artists I really cared about. While writing the app, I discovered many albums I had missed, not just recently but years back. That’s when I knew this app was solving a real problem” said Richard.
Sound Collection shows full discographies for each iTunes artist, highlighting albums the user may have missed. Users will be first in line with push notifications for nearby concerts, and with notifications for new albums, users will never miss a new album again.
Sound Collection’s features include:
* Full discographies for each artist in your music collection, highlighting which albums you own, and which you might have missed
* Notifications when artists you care about release a new album, or announce a nearby concert
* See a full list of nearby shows
* See a timeline of recent and upcoming albums from artists in your collection
* Hear previews of albums not in your library
* Like what you hear? Get the album through iTunes, or add it to Rdio or Spotify
* Full Spotify and Rdio integration
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 4.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Sound Collection 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.Summer of Richard
Sound Collection 1.0
Purchase and Download
Richard Penner joined Kobo in 2010 and saw explosive growth, from less than 1 million users, to over 10 million in 2012. Richard was part of Kobo’s iOS team, which developed an iPad app in less than 2 months. The eBook app featured “social reading” functionality and attracted the attention and praise of Mark Zuckerberg. In June of 2012 Richard left Kobo to embark on “The Summer of Richard”, where he would focus on developing app ideas and spending time with his newborn son. Copyright (C) 2012 Richard Penner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.