[prMac.com] Alexandria, Virginia – Independent developer, SheetPlanner Software LLC is today proud to announce the release and immediate availability of SheetPlanner 1.1, an important update to their popular planning, project and task management application for macOS. SheetPlanner helps anyone organize information, make long range plans, manage projects, and track everyday tasks.
Version 1.1 of the app brings numerous improvements. New features include the ability to connect rows to establish a dependency, a new progress column type that can be displayed in various ways, the ability to print the timeline, and so much more.
“The previous version of SheetPlanner made it easy to plan and manage projects on your Mac, as it made it simple to plan and visualize your long term goals, helping to keep projects and tasks on schedule,” says SheetPlanner Software CEO Peter Davey. “The new version of the software offers improvements and new features that make the app more powerful than ever!”
Using SheetPlanner, users can easily plan and visualize their goals and create project tasks and schedules using the app’s convenient timeline and calendar views. Users can quickly view all of their tasks and their duration and the sequence they need to be completed in. The timeline can be viewed in convenient days, weeks, months, quarters, or years views.
SheetPlanner Features Include:
* Outliner with columns – Add text, numeric, date, or list columns
* Keep inline notes using the built-in full text editor
* Customize row styles using custom fonts, size, and color
* Focus on a row, or a row and its children, transverse row hierarchy via the handy path bar
* Create Smart Filters using simple or complex criteria, save them for future use
* Search outlines across columns from the toolbar, save the search as a Smart Filter
* Sort outlines by any column and order
* Link documents and folders, whether they’re stored locally or in the cloud
* View documents via Quicklook or in tabs
* Link to web pages via quicklook or in a tab of their own
* View an outline in multiple tabs simultaneously in any combination of views
* View a monthly view of outline rows using assigned dates
* Convenient heat-mapped yearly calendar shows activities starting and ending for each date
* Timeline allows viewing and adjusting of key dates for each task on a convenient horizontal timeline
* Cells, columns, rows, calendars and timeline can all be customized
* Convenient import and export functionality can export in .CSV or .OPML format
* Copy and paste information to and from Excel and Numbers spreadsheets
* Personalize the Outline view using green bar, yellow notepad or green notepad themes
* Easy to use templates for business, educational, and personal use
* macOS Mojave dark mode
* Much more
SheetPlanner 1.1 offers numerous improvements and new features. Among the new features is the ability to connect rows to establish a dependency. Rows can now be connected using four types of dependencies, Finish to Start, Start to Finish, Start to Start and Finish to Finish.
The new Progress column type displays a row’s completion as a numeric percentage or visually as a bar or pie chart providing users with a way of immediately seeing an activities completeness at a glance. When viewing a project’s Timeline, a red vertical line provides context as to where the project activities fall relative to the current day.
Dates other than just the Start Date and Finish date can now optionally be displayed in the Timeline. The new feature allows users to display data on the Timeline that does not fit within the normal, start, finish and completion dates.
New Features Include:
* The ability to connect rows to establish a dependency
* Display dependencies via arrows in the Timeline, and new optional columns in the Outline
* A red vertical line now marks the current date and time in the Timeline
* Any Date column can now be included in the Timeline
* New Symbol column types, including checkbox, flag, star, color icons, Eisenhower quadrants, more
* New Progress column type can be displayed as a progress bar, mini pie chart, or percentage
* Auto-enter cell values with a default value, from the row above, today, formatted serial number, more
* Outline view menu improvements
* Filter improvements, including better search for dates, time intervals, note text, and more
* Printing the Timeline is now supported, and printing the Outline is improved
* Numerous performance improvements and bug fixes
A new Symbol column type allows users to include checkbox, flag, star, color icons, bullet journaling, Eisenhower quadrants, 5 stars, etc. Common uses for the new feature would be to include favorite or flag items to be filtered and followed up on. Eisenhower quadrants allow the implementation of Eisenhower matrix workflows, while checkboxes allow for the creation of checklists or matrices. Bullet journaling symbols allow users to tag their activities and follow a bullet journal workflow.
The new auto-enter cell values feature allows users to create default values for new rows, automatically populating values from the row above, formatted serial numbers, and more. The feature eliminates the need for repetitive data entry.
SheetPlanner 1.1 also consolidates available menus when right-clicking on a row. Filter improvements offer better search functionality for dates, time intervals, note text, and more. Filtering on the new Progress, Predecessor, Successor and Symbol column types is also available. Meanwhile, searches now accept relative dates like “Today,” “Tomorrow,” “This Week,” and more.
The app now offers Timeline printing, which allows users to print a hard copy of the Timeline or save it to a PDF file for easy sharing with co-workers and clients. Printing the Outline has also been improved.
“SheetPlanner was originally created to provide users with an easy way to track everything they need to complete their tasks and accomplish their goals. The new features in version 1.1 makes that easier than ever,” continues Peter. “Users can take advantage of the app’s 21-day free trial to ensure SheetPlanner is the right app for their needs. I’m confident they’ll buy it once they’ve tried it.”
* macOS 10.12 Sierra or Later
* mac OS 10.14 Mojave Compatible
* 8.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
SheetPlanner 1.1 is a free update to users of 1.0 and is available worldwide from the Mac App Store. A 21-day free trial is available. Users can continue to view documents in read-only mode after the trial has expired. A convenient in-app purchase of $49.95 will unlock the app’s full features after the trial has expired. With the release of SheetPlanner 1.1, we are pleased to announce availability on SetApp. Review copies are available to journalists upon request.SheetPlanner 1.1
Download from Mac App Store
SheetPlanner Software LLC is located in Alexandria, VA and is focused on bringing great planning software to individuals and teams. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2019 SheetPlanner Software LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh Mac OS X and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.