[prMac.com] Las Vegas, Nevada – SecureMac, the leader in security solutions for OS X, today introduced MacScan 3, the next generation of its flagship anti-malware software for Mac users. MacScan 3 offers an all-new approach to the way we protect against security and privacy threats, including a streamlined user experience, new features, and major improvements to speed and stability. Unlike many products on the market, MacScan 3 protects against the threats that are targeting Mac users, including trojan horses, keystroke loggers and adware.
“Every year, more and more people are victims of security breaches, data theft, and online fraud. Even if you don’t have firsthand experience, you probably know someone who has been hacked or the target of identity theft. Over the past few years there has been a sharp increase in threats targeting Apple users, and we’ve seen the evolution of Mac-specific malware first hand,” said Nicholas Raba, President & CEO of SecureMac. “We had to rethink anti-malware and assess how Mac users are targeted so that we could protect against these new threats. And we balanced the technology with a superior user interface to provide easy usability for novice and advanced Mac users alike.”
MacScan 3 makes it easy to protect against malware with an intuitive interface and enhanced scan capabilities. Automatic malware definition updates ensure that you’re protected against the latest threats, and scheduled scans can keep tabs on your computer’s security even when you’re not there. When it comes to privacy threats, MacScan 3 can automatically remove blacklisted tracking cookies or clean files left behind by popular web browsers, saving disk space and erasing private data. Key features of the MacScan 3 service include:
* Protection against Malware Threats: Avoid getting hit with malware. MacScan 3 offers four unique ways to scan for malware, including a new Smart Scan feature that targets locations where malware is known to hide, saving time and computer resources.
* Internet Clutter Cleanup: Remove unnecessary files left behind by web browsers to free up valuable hard drive space and eliminate private data. Expanded cleaning options give you complete control and customization when it comes to your privacy protection.
* Scheduled Scans & Automated Cleaning: MacScan 3 has a built-in scan scheduler that gives you complete control to choose when a scan should automatically run, and allows you to configure different scans to run at different times. If you’re looking for a quick solution to tracking cookies, MacScan 3 has an automatic cookie cleaning feature that will target and remove blacklisted tracking cookies when you are done surfing the net, leaving the rest of your cookies in place – no user interaction required!
* Malware Definition Updates: MacScan 3 automatically checks for malware definition updates before each scan, so you can easily stay up-to-date with protection against the latest Mac malware threats targeting OS X.
* Expanded Tracking Cookie Cleaning Options: MacScan 3 comes loaded with detection capabilities for a huge number of known tracking cookies (over 25,000 and counting!), with a database that is updated on a regular basis. If there is are specific cookies that you want to keep, or ones that you always want to remove, you can now specify a custom whitelist and blacklist for cookies on your system.
MacScan 3 requires Mac OS X 10.8 or higher, a Macintosh computer with a 64-bit processor, Internet connection for malware definition updates and at least 500 MB of available disk space.
Pricing and Availability:
MacScan 3 is available for immediate purchase at $49.99/year (USD or equivalent). Each MacScan subscription includes protection against the latest malware threats, automatic cleaning of blacklisted tracking cookies, product updates, knowledge base access, online tech support, and security advisory notifications. A 30-day trial of MacScan 3 is available for download directly from SecureMac. Existing MacScan users may be eligible for discounted pricing, including free upgrades for those who purchased MacScan 2 within the last three months. Existing users may check their upgrade eligibility and learn more by visiting SecureMac online.MacScan 3
MacScan User Guide
MacScan 3 New 30-Day Trial
Since 1999, SecureMac has been at the forefront of Macintosh system security, offering news, advisories, reports, how-to’s and guides with the goal of increasing privacy and security awareness. SecureMac’s award-winning lineup of Mac security and privacy software features MacScan 3, the next-generation of its flagship malware protection app, along with PrivacyScan, a utility designed to seek and destroy privacy threats on OS X. SecureMac recently relaunched its website, providing a dependable resource for everything Apple and Mac to home, small business, enterprise, and government users alike. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 1999-2016 SecureMac. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.