[prMac.com] Fremont, California – .com Solutions Inc. has released FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition 7.47 with 30 improvements making transitioning from FileMaker Pro to a PHP web application practical and affordable. In addition to supporting FileMaker Pro, PHP web applications can also be built from Microsoft Access and Visual FoxPro databases applications.
Benefits to performing a PHP Conversion with FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition Include:
* Scale-up beyond 100 concurrent users – FileMaker WebDirect provides tremendously rich desktop-like functionality in a web application. But that functionality comes with a performance impact to the single database server supporting the application. The PHP web application generated by FmPro Migrator improves performance by having its functionality implemented within the user’s web browser, the web server and the database server. Performance can be further improved by adding more web and database servers, to scale up way beyond a WebDirect configuration.
* Own your application source code – Having the source code to your app means that you can move your application to the hosting provider of your choice at any time. Need to customize the look of the app? You can do this too. There is no lock-in when you own the source to your web application, any feature or graphical element can be changed or enhanced. Host the web application on in-house servers for data security reasons or use the cloud hosting provider of your choice.
* Avoid monthly/annual billing – Some systems lock you in to a single vendor, where the application will stop running if you can’t afford to pay. When you own the application, you only pay for economical web hosting. And even the hosting cost can be eliminated by installing the web application and database on your own servers.
* Reuse existing business logic – You can utilize existing business logic refined over many years by performing an automated conversion project. There is no need to waste thousands of dollars documenting and re-implementing functionality which already works. Your existing database serves as the software specification for your project.
* Keep the existing GUI – Reduce re-training costs by using the same familiar graphical interface in the web application. The GUI represents an important part of the overall application functionality just like the underlying business logic.
* Cross platform/device compatibility – A web application requires no configuration on local computers. The generated web application works with any modern web browser, running on any computer platform or mobile device.
* 30 Day Money Back Guarantee – Buy FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition software with confidence. We would like the opportunity to help you achieve success with your project, but if it just doesn’t work out, a no-hassle refund will be provided.
Changes with this release include:
* Fixed a memory leak during batch importing of layouts, which could cause a crash.
* Fixed an issue reading the correct number of fields with the Demo version when performing Access to FileMaker conversions.
* Updated LiveCode template stack to v48. Added support for SQL Yoga 1.1.1 dbconn_setVendor feature for SQLite connections, adding “binary,extensions” options. This change means that SQLite BLOB column data will be readable with 3rd party SQLite tools.
* Fixed a cosmetic issue with the display of the main window tabbed folder on MacOS X Yosemite.
* Fixed a cosmetic issue with the display of the Field Details button on the Migration Process window in Table Consolidation operating mode.
* Fixed a cosmeetic issue with the display of Unicode characters in the display of Custom Functions, TOs in the Migration Process window.
* Fixed an issue updating Layout TO names containing Unicode on the Layouts tab in the Migration Process window.
* Fixed an issue in which some CREATE TABLE long column names would get terminated with the @ symbol.
* Improved the error message when connecting to MySQL database servers.
* Improved the error message displayed when copying tables into FmPro Migrator via the clipboard, to suggest extracting the app from the ZIP/DMG file prior to running the app.
— PHP Conversion Changes
* Fixed an issue with escaped quotes in FileMaker calculations causing a syntax error in the generated PHP code written into CakePHP Model files.
* Fixed the incorrect display of Spry Tabbed Panels, and background color of Spry tabbed panels from FileMaker 13 database layouts.
* Improved compatibility with newer PHP versions by adding app/Model/DataSource/CakeSession.php file, with ‘session.auto_start’ => 0, line of code commented.
* Enabled the use of the Add and Delete buttons on the navigation toolbar in Find mode for applications created using the “Read Only” data access feature. This change allows users of Read Only applications to Add and Delete their own find requests.
* Added the conversion of FileMaker global variables into PHP SESSION variables for the Set Variable, IF and ELSEIF script steps.
* Added the automated commenting of beforeSave()/afterSave() functions within Model files when creating a PHP web application having Read Only Data Access.
* Improved the code in the ToolbarsController.php file to reduce memory usage for large data sets, largely eliminating out of memory errors with MySQL queries.
* Fixed an issue with the display of Query operators using UTF8 unicode.
* Fixed issues with User login code.
* Removed support for CakePHP 1.x from the PHP Conversino GUI menu.
* Fixed a display issue with Spry Tabbed Panels with only one Panel on the form.
* Fixed an issue with Custom Value List items containing Unicode characters not displaying properly.
Note: It is recommended that ASCII characters be used for Value List names, since these get used to construct function names.
* Fixed an issue with FileMaker 13/14 Tab Panel names and font color not being retrieved.
* Improved Spry TabbedPanel processing by enabling the background color of the Tab to be different from the background color of the panel containing the objects.
* Improved the PHP Conversion “Missing PK Column” error dialog to suggest copying the tables into FmPro Migrator again, after making changes in the source database.
Pricing and Availability:
FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition is priced at ($600) per developer, you can build an unlimited number of web applications having up to 250 forms/reports/layouts with FmPro Migrator during the term of the license key.FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition 7.47
FileMaker to PHP Conversion Feature
Download FmPro Migrator
YouTube Video (Scaling up FileMaker)
YouTube Channel (PHP Conversion Playlist)
Founded in 1999 by David Simpson in Sunny California, .com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker Pro, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, Valentina, VB6, LiveCode and Visual FoxPro developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker Pro scripts. SQLite Diff compares SQLite database schema and data. Copyright (C) 1999-2015 .com Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.