[prMac.com] Brantford, (ON) Canada – Fall Day Software today is pleased to announce Resume Designer 2.2.1 for iOS, a major update to its extremely successful, resume creation app, which has appeared on the list of “Top 25 Productivity Apps in the U.S.” nearly every day over the past six months. Users can easily create a professional looking resume of any length, while the app provides step-by-step guidance. This update includes Resume Designer’s new, built-in web browser, which lets users upload resumes to monster.com, a function not supported by Mobile Safari.
* Integrated cover letter support, including a personalized, handwritten signature
* iCloud support, so you can access and work on your resume on any of your devices
* Upload your resume directly to monster.com and many other jobs websites, without leaving Resume Designer
* Start with a sample functional or chronological resume, or create your own from scratch
* Build up your resume by adding and arranging sections
* Customize your resume by choosing header styles and fonts
* Adjust spacing and margins so your resume nicely fills the page(s)
* Preview your work at any time
* Automatic page breaks, so your resume can span more than one page
* Print or email your resume as a PDF file (the preferred format of recruiters)
* Create variations on your resume for different jobs or job types
* Automatic sorting of chronological sections, like your employment or education history
* Send your PDF resume to other apps on your iDevice, including DropBox
* Resume Designer is iOS 7-ready
Since March 2012, Resume Designer has been making job applicants look their best. Users just fill in the appropriate text fields, and the app does the rest. Starting with a cover letter and envelope, users provide basic information, and the app produces custom documents as PDFs, which can be saved, emailed, exported, printed, or uploaded.
Users can choose to create either a chronological or a functional resume by following the sample templates supplied, or they can start from scratch, with the freedom to create their own, unique resume. The app breaks down the resume content into sections, where information is formatted to ensure maximum readability. Chronological resumes include the following sections: Objective, Work Experience, Education, Interests and Activities, and References. Functional resumes include a different group of sections: Summary of Qualifications, Skills, Education, Interests and Activities, and References.
With 31 different Serif (body), Sans-Serif (header), and Display fonts, Resume Designer allows users to select classic, default page styles, or easily preview alternative styles. Fonts, justification, margins, and spacing are easily adjusted, if desired. In addition, the app makes it simple to customize resumes for specific jobs.
“By far, the feature most requested by Resume Designer owners has been the capability of uploading resumes to monster.com,” said Steve Tibbett of Fall Day Software. “The Mobile Safari web browser in iOS 6 does not support uploads, and resumes cannot be emailed to monster and other sites. The solution was to add a built-in web browser to the app, specially designed to make monster.com uploads a breeze.”
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd, 4th and 5th gen) and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 9.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Resume Designer 2.2.1 is $3.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. There are no ads, in-app purchases, or locked features. Review copies are available on request.Fall Day Software
Resume Designer 2.2.1
Purchase and Download
Based in Brantford, Canada, Fall Day Software was founded by Steve Tibbett in 2011. Fall Day Software is a Canadian company building productivity software for iPhone and iPad. Products include Resume Designer, the best way to create and maintain your resume on the go, and the MealPlan meal and grocery planner. Copyright (C) 2011-2013 Fall Day Software Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.