[prMac.com] Anaheim, California – Independent software developer Reggie Ashworth today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of AppDelete 3.2.9, an update to his very popular application deletion utility for Mac OS X. With a simple Drag & Drop, AppDelete will uninstall anything along with all of the associated items. Mac users will no longer have to hunt through their system to find and delete these items manually.
You can drag any item that can be uninstalled onto AppDelete: Applications, Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, Screensavers, etc. You can also activate AppDelete in many ways: dragging items onto main window, onto dock icon, selecting in menu, right-clicking using AppDelete workflow, dragging from Launchpad, and throwing items in the trash. When the preview screen appears you can uncheck any items you would like to exclude.
You also have several choices: delete the items, log only the items, or archive (copy) the items to a .zip file for safekeeping or reinstall at a later date. The items you delete will be moved to the trash and arranged in a folder so that you can see exactly what was deleted and you know exactly where it came from. The items will not be removed from your computer until you empty them from your trash. You can also undo the last delete if you choose.
Version 3 has been rewritten and redesigned to take advantage of the latest technologies and to provide the best experience ever. Version 3.2.9 fixes a bug that could cause AppDelete to crash when deleting files, and has other miscellaneous optimizations and fixes. Version 3.2.9 is Mountain Lion compatible.
New in Version 3.2:
* Optimized for Lion (still backwards compatible with Snow Leopard/Leopard)
* 6 new languages: Czech, Danish, Dutch, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Russian
* Quick panels now have filtering in the menu (Name, Size, Kind, Creation Date, Last Used Date)
* Path names are now clickable and will Reveal in Finder
* Icons are now clickable and will show Finder Get Info panel
* Quick panels now have a search field to find items fast
* Undo from Folder option that will allow restoring at a later date
* Help has been changed over to standard Apple format
* Preference to enable/disable AppDelete workflow (enabled by default)
* Preference to check for updates for Hidden mode users
* HUD panels now use a font that’s more easy to read
* Minor logging issues have been addressed and log location changed
* All-around code optimizations and cleanup, various miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes
* Searching has been improved and refined
* Orphans feature is more accurate (and can now be filtered by Last Used Date)
* Cleanup old PPC apps (and more) with new Quick panel Kind filtering
* Slightly extended trial period
* Smother scrolling in Quick panels
* Various localization edits and improvements
* And more…
* Deletes Apps, Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, Screensavers, or anything that can be uninstalled and their associated items
* Completely rewritten and redesigned from the ground up
* Now with 64-bit performance
* Hidden mode for background operation
* New searching methods for the most accurate results ever
* Can delete single or multiple items even inside of folders
* Reorganized window operation for ease of use
* Finds associated items that are visible, invisible, or hidden automatically
* Major improvements in processing speed
* Quick search panels to help choose items for deletion
* Orphans feature to find and remove “orphaned” files
* Archive and Install from Archive feature for safekeeping and transferring items to another Mac
* Sparkle updater to always have the latest version
* Password will be requested only once if needed instead of multiple requests
* Preference to protect Default apps
* All past features are included and improved
There are various options to make your AppDelete experience complete: Quick search panels to help choose items for deletion, Force Empty Trash, an Orphans feature to search and delete orphaned files, Install from Archive even for another Mac, various options in Preferences, and more. AppDelete is a must-have utility for software tinkerers or beta testers and the perfect companion to any Mac fanatic’s toolbox.
AppDelete supports language in U.S. English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
* Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or later (Mountain Lion Compatible)
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 9.1 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
AppDelete 3.2.9 is only $7.99 (USD) for a single user license. Upgrades from Version 2/AppDelete Lite are only $3.99 (USD). A full-featured demo is available. This is a maintenance update for Version 3. There is also a newer Version 4 available.AppDelete 3.2.9
YouTube Channel (Tutorials)
Based in sunny Anaheim, California, Reggie Ashworth is an independent software developer whose passion for the Mac platform is only exceeded by his aim to craft simple, yet useful utilities. He is fanatical about total customer satisfaction. Copyright 2006-2013 Reggie Ashworth. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.