[prMac.com] Munich, Germany – Isle of the Kakapo is today proud to announce the release and immediate availability of RailModeller Pro 5.3.7, their model railroad and slot car layout design solution for macOS. The app offers sophisticated tools that enable hobbyists to quickly design model train and slot car track layouts via drag & drop, features a library catalog of more than 250 track libraries containing templates for more than 6000 elements, and offers customizable views of track layouts in both two and three dimensions.
This latest major update of RailModeller Pro extends the app with an option to select the way grades are displayed – and entered – throughout the app in order to cater for regional preferences: Grades can be shown in per mille (commonly used in Europe), as a percentage (often used in the U.S.) and as a ratio (generally used in Australia and the UK).
This maintenance update to the recent major release 5.3 – introducing native support for baseboards and enabling users to easily outline the general shape of the layout to be built in their planning – is a free update to users of the app.
RailModeller Pro’s easy-to-use interface allows track designers to create layouts of up to 10km x 10km or 6.2 x 6.2 miles organized in up to 99 layers. The app includes all components to complete a train or slot car track layout, including flex tracks, buildings, greenery, symbols, and other items in scales from T (1:450) up to G or IIm (1:22.5). Track elements can be dropped onto the layout, rotated, and positioned where desired, users can simply click to append one or more track elements in the layout, create tunnel sections, add graphical shapes, arrows, dimensions, import background images and more.
RailModeller Pro automatically generates a shopping list, (including prices), as the layout is created, making for an easy reference when it comes time to purchase required components for the layout. An integrated stock management maintains the inventory of tracks already purchased, displaying the number of tracks remaining in stock when working on a specific layout or filtering the shopping list to show only missing tracks that need to be purchased to complete the layout.
* A catalog featuring more than 250 track libraries containing templates for more than 6000 elements
* Covers model scales from T (1:450) up to G or IIm (1:22.5)
* A clean and intuitive, Mac like user experience
* An automatically adapting drawing canvas never running out of space
* Integrated support for setting up baseboards
* Sophisticated, yet easy to use tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts
* Assistants that allow placing tracks at arbitrary heights, creating track grades, insert parallel tracks or close gaps
* Dedicated tools for creating tunnel sections
* Advanced functionality for creating selections
* Clean-up wizards for complex layouts
* Customizable viewing modes for visualizing the track layout in two and three dimensions
* Automatically generated shopping lists as the design is laid out
* The built-in stock tracking feature keeps track of items already owned
* Print layouts in any scale from a single sheet of paper to full-sized 1:1 scale
* Image import in many formats (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others)
* Export track layouts in numerous image file formats at any resolution
* Customizable key bindings for menu commands
* An integrated help manual
* OS X 10.9 or later
* 64-bit Processor
* 11.2 MB disk space
Pricing and Availability:
RailModeller Pro 5.3.7 is available for only $39.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Graphics and Design category. A free version, RailModeller Express – which is suitable for smaller layouts with a limited number of tracks – is also available through the Mac App Store in the Graphics and Design category. Review copies are available upon request.Isle of the Kakapo
RailModeller Pro 5.3
Purchase and Download (MAS)
Based in Munich, Germany, Isle of the Kakapo is owned and operated by Jan Barnholt. Founded in 2015, Isle of the Kakapo is a software company specializing in providing innovative apps for the Mac and iOS platforms. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2017 Isle of the Kakapo. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Founder and Head of Development