[prMac.com] Obninsk, Russian Federation – Rhyboo today is pleased to introduce Puzzle Plus HD 1.1.1 free for iPad, another in their series of jigsaw puzzle Games that features eight different levels of complexity for each picture. This new version features eight famous paintings by Vincent Van Gogh, and users may download 600+ additional pictures free. The app’s Retina display, HD graphics and zoom capabilities allow puzzle masters to assemble puzzles of 42 – 572 pieces, depending on the level chosen. Also included are an integrated music player and optional piece rotation. Among the most difficult and sophisticated jigsaw puzzle games on the App Store, puzzle fans will soon discover the pleasures in store for them doing puzzles in Puzzle Plus HD.
Like most iOS jigsaw puzzle games, this one, played in landscape orientation, employs a vertically scrolling tray that holds all the pieces of the puzzle. As a piece is dragged from the tray on to the white tabletop, it expands to its full size. This allows the user to browse through many individual pieces easily, since they do not assume their final size until dragged on to the board. At its most advanced level, where pictures are 26 pieces wide and 22 pieces high (572 total pieces), pieces dragged from the tray do not expand at all; they are already scaled correctly.
Many jigsaw puzzle games provide a view of the finished puzzle as a reference, but Puzzle Plus HD eschews this possibility that would have the effect of reducing the challenge presented by the puzzle. Players will soon find that assembling oil paintings is more difficult than photos, simply because every part of a painting is more imaginative and less predictable than most photographic scenes. Puzzle champions can engage the “Rotate Piece” option, which allows pieces to be dragged from the tray oriented incorrectly. Each time the player double taps a piece, it rotates 90 degrees, thus the option effectively multiplies the complexity of each puzzle by a factor of four.
* Constantly updated picture gallery
* 8 levels of complexity: 7×6 (42 pieces), 10×8 (80 pieces), 14×11 (154), 17×14 (238), 18×14 (252), 22×17 (274), 26×20 (520), 26×22 (572) – available for any puzzle
* New, iPad 3 compatible graphics engine and UI
* Stunning jigsaw color, resolution, and detail on the new iPad’s Retina display
* Zoom in/out function
* Pieces search
* Easy-to-operate control
* Move parts in groups
* Easy preview
* Background brightness
* Rotate pieces to fit in to the right place
* Integrated iPod function or built-in background music
The reproduction of the included art masterworks is excellent, as are the detail and color of the downloadable photographic pictures, and the ability to zoom in and out facilitates the appreciation of subtle details of line and color. The touch interface performs perfectly, and dragging any piece creates a subtle shadow around it, as if it were being lifted and moved. Pieces that have been correctly assembled can be moved as a single unit, and pieces can be returned to the tray at any time until they are needed. Another feature that sets Puzzle Plus HD apart from similar apps is that it is possible to cover one piece with another, simulating the confusion of apparently missing pieces, so common in doing actual jigsaw puzzles. For entertainment, laughter, accomplishment, and puzzlement have a friend over on a Saturday night to work on the 26×22, rotating pieces puzzle of Vincent van Gogh’s classic Starry Night.
100+ Puzzle Packages, Including 600+ Pictures:
* Free Puzzle Packages, including: Active Life; Secrets of History; Cosmos; Retro; Food; Nature; Drummers; May 9; Equipment; Punks; Romance; Music; Beautiful Experiments; Dinosaurs; Beautiful Places; Airplanes; Joachim Beuckelaer; Animals; Pieter Bruegel; London; Mysterious Girl; Underwater; Paul Cezanne; Race Cars, Girls and Seasons, Monster Trucks, M. C. Escher; Kiev; Ships; Paris; Prague; Vincent van Gogh; Trains; Rome; Venice; Maya; Cartoons; American Indian; London 2012; Vintage Collage; Knights; Pirates; Dreamland; Cartoon Cats; Rock & Roll; We Love Sheep; Biology; Frogs; Off Road Cars; Cartoon Dogs; Old PCs; Cartoons Underwater; Cartoon Animals; Cartoon Nightmare; Soccer; Let’s Dance; Fruits; and Asian Legends
* Paid Puzzle Packages, including: Isac Goulart Contemporary Photography; Girls and Horses; Dinosaurs; Wedding; Beautiful Girls; Swan Lake; Pretty Animals; Fairytale; Old City; and Brides
* New Puzzle Packages (Free), including: Golden Oldies, Graffiti; Cartoon Tales; Still Life; Paradise; Vintage Cars; Jazz; Cowboys; Zombies; Mimimimi (Kittens); Cartoon Heroes; and Sleeping
“Puzzle Plus HD is the best jigsaw application available on the app store at the moment,” asserted Andrey Ivanushkin of Rhyboo. “It fully simulates real puzzles and at same time the app uses all advantages of iPad to make the playing of your favorite game as convenient as possible.”
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0.1 or later (iOS 6 tested)
* 25.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Puzzle Plus HD 1.1.1 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Paid Puzzles are available as an in-app purchase for $0.99 (USD) each, and users may eliminate ads for $3.99.Rhyboo
Puzzle Plus HD 1.1
Download from iTunes
Located in Obninsk, Russia, Rhyboo was founded in November 2011 by a group of Russian iOS developers. The group consists of 5 developers with 10+ years of development and 3 years iOS development experience. This group was previously working inside XimAD on their iOS portfolio. The main goal for the new company is to create high quality iOS projects. Copyright (C) 2011-2012 Rhyboo. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.