[prMac.com] Constanta, Romania – Lamobratory today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of Project Statistics for Xcode 2.0, an update to its must-have tool for all Xcode developers Mac OS X. Designed specifically for Mac developers, the application offers offline, drag n’ drop analysis of any iOS or OS X project written in Xcode. Ideal for evaluating the efficiency and learning from the analysis of a project’s code structure, the app is an invaluable tool for managers, developers, and students. Project Statistics offers three viewing modes: Overview, Details, and Charts. The Export mode saves results in PDF or CSV file formats, and stats in all modes, except Overview, can be filtered by file type and size. The update includes lots of new features, and the low-cost app is on sale now for a limited time.
* Quick and easy user interface
* Integrated with ALL VERSIONS of Xcode perfectly and works with iOS, iPad and Cocoa projects (anything written in Xcode)
* You don’t need to upload the code, everything is local, keeping the privacy of your project intact
* Overall structure of your project
* Option to parse projects and workspaces
* Total lines of code counter with the ability to include/exclude empty lines and/or comment lines from total lines of code
* Total number of files used in your project by category: source files, image files, XIB files, storyboards
* Size metrics: total number of lines of code, total number of lines without empty spaces, total number of lines without comments, total file size, number of methods inside each .m and .cpp file, average number of comments per source file and others
* Full support for c/cpp/h/hh/pch/m/mm/png/jpg/tiff/icns/xib files
* Supports linked files in your project and not only the ones within the same folder
* Detailed stats view by file, sorted by files category and also filter to show only the minimal stats for a faster view or check full statistics and metrics for each file
* Multiple charts (both piecharts and barcharts) available so that you can visualize the statistical results even easier
* Based on the analysis you get tips and suggestions on how to improve your code right there, in the charts view
* Ability to nicely export all your statistics in both CSV and PDF so that you can check them later, compare it with over version statistics of the same program, share it friends or even present it to your manager for a complexity analysis after the project is completed
* Ability to include/exclude folders from computations (like 3rd party libraries)
After dragging a project folder onto the Project Statistics window, the large digital display quickly counts the Total Lines of Code. The default Overview mode also summarizes the Total Number of Code Files, Number of Images, and Number of XIB Files (XML representations of a Cocoa-built user interface). In a clean window display of Size-Oriented Metrics, the application displays the following: total files size; total lines of code (LOC); total lines of code (KLOC); total lines of code without spaces/empty lines (SLOC); total lines of code comments; average SLOC per file; and average lines of comments per file.
* Ideal for Developers who want to keep track of their work, learn from it, study the statistics, and improve the code they write in the future
* Ideal for Managers who want to track the efficiency and code structure of their employees’ code
* Ideal for Students, who are at the beginning of their road to becoming better developers, and are aware that efficiency is the keystone of success
Users can obtain additional stats in the Details viewing mode, where all files can be viewed alphabetically, by size, or by type. A magnifying glass displays all related files, and the list may be filtered by the following: all source files, c/cpp files, h/hh files, m/mm files, image files, and XIB files. The Chart view displays colored circle graphs (pie charts) for the following: code lines distribution, and source/images/XIB distribution. Bar graphs display additional statistics, including: top 15 source files by lines of code, top 15 image files by size, and top 15 XIB files by size. The Export mode offers PDF and/or CSV export of stats, including the following: c/cpp files, h files, m files, image files, and XIB files.
“Project Statistics for Xcode is the perfect tool for checking the structure and efficiency of a project’s code without taking the risk of uploading it,” stated Catalin Patrascu of Lamobratory. “Every Xcode developer should own this invaluable Developer’s Tool.”
* OS X 10.8 or later (supports Retina display on MacBook Pro)
* RAM 512 MB
* 15.73 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Project Statistics for Xcode 2.0 is on sale for a limited time only at $4.99 (USD) (normally $9.99). It is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Developer Tools category. Review copies are available on request.Lamobratory
Project Statistics for Xcode 2.0
Purchase and Download (MAS)
Based in Constanta, Romania, Lamobratory SRL was founded by Catalin Patrascu in 2013. Lamobratory creates and develops smart mobile applications for iOS and Android. But that is not the whole story. They make them big, complex and intelligent for international distributions; or small, simple, usable, and easy to download. And they make them affordable. Mac OS X development is also available. Copyright (C) 2014 Lamobratory SRL. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod, iPad, Mac, and Xcode are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.