[prMac.com] Mons, Belgium – Creaceed announces the availability of Prizmo Go version 3.0, a major upgrade to their photo-based text grabbing app for iPhone and iPad. Prizmo Go 3.0 brings a unique curved text recognition technique as well as a number of iOS 13 features such as Dark Mode, Apple OCR, Shortcuts Action, and Voice Control.
Prizmo Go is an innovative app that lets the user take a picture of printed or handwritten text and then recognizes it using optical character recognition (OCR) technology, avoiding the frustration of retyping it on screen. Part of said text can then be selected directly from the photo by swiping through it. Users can then interact with it or just copy/paste it to other apps or to the Mac.
Recognized text can be edited within the application, or read aloud with built-in speech synthesis. Information detected in the text such as website URLs, phone numbers, email addresses, QR codes, or physical addresses can be specifically activated. Text translation into 59 languages is also available.
Prizmo Go 3 is a major upgrade that brings specific handling of curved text. Indeed, everyday text often comes printed on curved pages, such as books, or magazines. The curvature often degrades the accuracy of text recognition, and sentence or word order is typically lost in the resulting text. Prizmo Go 3 introduces a unique technique for specific processing of curved text that handle these issues, improving both text recognition accuracy and text layout interpretation.
Prizmo Go 3 also adds a number of new features and optimizations for iOS 13. Dark Mode is provided throughout the app as well as updated interface icons (SF Symbols), Apple OCR (English) is supported as an additional highly accurate text recognition option, automatic orientation detection with custom-trained machine learning model (Core ML) is introduced for languages based on Latin alphabet. Finally, Prizmo Go 3 adds a parameterizable Shortcuts Action for automated image-based processing, as well as full compatibility with iOS 13 Voice Control, an accessibility feature that enables hands-free interaction with the app.
New features in 3.0:
* Curved text recognition
* Apple OCR (English, iOS 13 required)
* Dark Mode & user interface update (SF Symbols)
* Shortcuts action for automation
* Orientation detection with machine learning / Core ML (Latin alphabet languages)
* New languages with on-device OCR: Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese
* Voice Control accessibility feature to allow hands-free interaction
Other features include:
* Robust neural network-based on-device OCR in 28 languages (no internet connection required)
* Cloud OCR option in 26 languages, including Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Arabic
* Handwriting recognition (English only)
* Translation into 59 languages
* Real-time text highlighting in the camera viewfinder
* Accurate text selection by swiping through the picture
* Innovative image stabilization
* QR code recognition
* Copy/paste to the Mac with Universal Clipboard
* VoiceOver support, including spoken guidance prior to actual shooting
* Optimized for latest iOS, Drag & Drop, 3D Touch Quick Actions & haptic feedback, iPad Multitasking (Slide Over / Split View)
* Automation: Action extension, Apple Shortcuts compatibility (callback URL), Open In
Pricing and Availability:
Prizmo Go 3.0 can be freely downloaded on the App Store, and is localized in 17 languages. Text recognition can be tried out, but access to result is limited. Text access (copy/paste, interactions) can be unlocked by purchasing the Export Pack for $7.99 as a one-time purchase. 10 tokens will be received to test Cloud OCRs both for printed text and handwriting.
Premium Plan is a subscription option that unlocks all the features of the Export Pack and allows unlimited use of the high-accuracy Cloud OCR recognition (print and handwriting) as well as a new cloud-based text translation into 59 languages. Premium Plan is available as a monthly subscription for $0.99 per month or yearly for $9.99 per year. Users who previously purchased the Export Pack are offered special introductory pricing on the Premium Plan (60% OFF first year, yearly plan only).
Prizmo Go will come later in October with a variant, Prizmo Go (Volume Ed.), for schools and enterprises that can be purchased directly from Apple’s Volume Purchase Program (VPP) store with a 50% discount. Prizmo Go (Volume Ed.) has all the same features as Prizmo Go with Export Pack. Users of version 1.0 / 2.0 who purchased Export Pack or Premium Plan previously get all the new features free of charge.Prizmo Go
Download from the App Store
Vimeo Video (Sneak Peek)
Press Kit (zip)
Creaceed is a Belgian company that has been making apps for over 10 years, focusing on image processing technologies in the fields of document scanning, note taking, photo and video processing. Other apps like Hydra, Carbo, and Prizmo have been awarded by the press & featured by Apple on multiple occasions. Copyright 2008-2019 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, iOS, macOS, iPhone, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.