[prMac.com] Milano, Italy – Tension Software announces Private Contact 3.3 for OS X, an important update to their application to manage an always encrypted address book on the Mac. Private Contact is easy to use. Operations are absolutely easy and similar to the one of standard OS X application plus just a password to provide every time the user opens a document.
* Data are organized using a master and details interface very easy to use.
* Custom color categories can be associated to contacts to categorize them.
* Everything can be sorted by name or company or category.
* Search can be performed via a combination of keyword and category.
* Color labels inside the view can be totally customized by the user.
* Custom color categories can be created, modified and assigned by the user at any time.
A document can be used as default one to be automatically opened at startup to contain all the user contacts. Data can be imported form your standard contacts.app or from data in CVS (comma separated value) and TVS (tab separated value) inside text files. Data can be exported to text files in CSV, TSV, HTML or Custom format, even using your own custom tags.
Private Contact uses the powerful rock solid AES-256 algorithm, to encrypt data. The use of the AES-256 algorithm, managed at decoding level by the new Apple common crypto native libraries available on any Mac, allows to work in a reliable way on any modern Mac. Information inside documents, relative to various persons, can be read only by the owner, and in case of unauthorized access or theft of the Mac, the data inside Private Contact documents can’t be read. Other apps on your Mac can not access your Private Contact data, on the opposite of what can happen on the data inside your Contacts.app available also to sandboxed apps.
* Import from the Address Book
* Import from any text in CSV and TSV format
* Export to TSV, CSV, Html table, web pages, custom format with custom tags.
* Easy to use interface
* No learning period required
* Very secure AES-256 encryption algorithm. No one can decrypt your own data.
* very fast. Encryption saving and decryption opening is almost instantaneous
* Instant lock with a click
* Rock solid native OS X algorithm to encrypt and decrypt. This is a native Mac only app.
* Contact can be sorted and filtered
* Powerful category concept
* Uses a standard Mac OS X toolbar to manage frequent task
* Customizable colored categories
* Search and sort by category and name or company and all the content inside
* Includes an embedded PDF user guide
* OS X full featured complaint with Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Full screen
* Fully compatible with OS X 10.10 and successive
* Optimized for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
What’s new in this release:
* Autolock feature added
* Better startup behavior if no documents where left opened at previous quit
* Better management of toolbar at startup
* Various bug fix and improvements
* Optimized for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
* OS X 10.10 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 3.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Price for Private Contact is only $7.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category. It is also available for $5.00 through the Tension Software website.Tension Software
Private Contact 3.3
Direct Download Link
Purchase and Download from Mac App Store
Tension Software develops software for Mac OS X and iOS using the latest Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Tension Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.