[prMac.com] Alexandria, Virginia – Vito Technology today is pleased to announce a major upgrade to its Star Walk app – the augmented reality app for spotting over 200,000 stars, planets, constellations, satellites and galaxies in the night sky. The new version has been released for the holiday season and includes new amazing visual effects, optimization for iPad mini, new objects and a holiday special Santa tracking feature.
Star Walk is a handy astronomy guide that shows celestial objects (stars, constellations, satellites, etc.) in the exact positions on the sky above you, providing comprehensive information about them. It helps anyone even remotely interested in astronomy find their way across the sky, determine where to look for any chosen object, rewind or fast-forward time to see how celestial bodies move. It inspires curiosity about the Universe and helps understand amazing cosmic phenomena.
The latest update includes new additions to Star Walk’s night sky. Complete information as well as detailed 3D models of satellites are available for GLAST, Ajisai, COROT, Genesis I and Genesis II, INTEGRAL, and GPS Group, and others. Major internal optimization reduced the size of the app by half and allowed it to work and look stunningly on the iPad mini.
A special holiday surprise from Star Walk developers awaits for stargazers on December 21st when Santa will appear on the night sky on his yearly journey over the world.
Popular among parents and teachers, Star Walk has received a few prestigious awards of educational quality: the Academics’ Choice Award; the Parents’ Choice Awards; and UN-based World Summit Award Mobile. Star Walk is being honored as an effective learning tool, having the highest quality and being the most appealing mobile app.
* Launch the app and point your iPhone at the sky, you’ll see the stars, planets and constellations in their proper place from your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time
* Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to engage your camera
* A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to see the sky map of tomorrow or years ago
* A calendar of celestial events will make sure you never miss anything interesting
* TelRad will help you find the exact position of an object when stargazing with a telescope
* Satellites Tracking – never miss ISS flying over your head again
* Picture of the Day – stunning pictures from deep space
* Night Mode – preserve your dark vision to see more stars
* Search – wondering where Jupiter is right now? Arrow will guide you to it
* Big Screen – connect a second display to view the sky on a big screen
* AirPrint, Moon Phases, Info, View from any location, Sharing, Bookmarks, and more
* No internet connection required
* English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 175.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Star Walk(TM) – 5 Stars Astronomy Guide 6.1 is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Education category. Star Walk(TM) HD – 5 Stars Astronomy Guide 6.1 is $2.99. Review copies are available upon request.Vito Technology
Star Walk – 5 Stars Astronomy Guide 6.1
Purchase and Download
Based in Alexandria, Virginia, Vito Technology Inc. is headed by CEO Victor Toporkov and has developed an impressive portfolio of products for Windows Mobile since it entered the mobile software market in 2001. The company’s latest endeavors include iOS and Web 2.0 software development. Vito Technology won an Apple Design Award in 2010 for its Star Walk for iPad app. The company consists of two departments: Research & Development Department and Marketing Department with 30 employees in total. Copyright (C) 2012 Vito Technology Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.