[prMac.com] Cedar Park, Texas – WebIS today is proud to announce the release an immediate availability of Pocket Informant 4.70, an update to the award-winning calendar and task application that will include an app for the Apple Watch. This update allows visibility of the next two weeks of scheduled events, plus various types of tasks and more.
Since the release of the Apple Watch users of Pocket Informant have been able to see PI data on their watch. However, this release has a specific focus on the Apple Watch, clarifying and streamlining the data. Events, tasks and notes are easily accessible for reading, editing and adding. This data will then be transferred to Pocket Informant on the iPhone or iPad. For those who use Desktop Informant, the data will be there as well, making the circle complete. No matter where you are, Informant can be there with you to help simplify and manage.
“This isn’t just a small improvement over 4.62 – its actually built off the tested-in-production portions of Desktop Informant and Pocket Informant 5” says Alex Kac, Founder and CEO of WebIS. “This brings about better performance, reliability, and up-to-date behaviors. Not only have we improved reliability and performance by using these newer modules from Desktop Informant but we’ve got some great things coming in future releases.”
Pocket Informant has been around for 18 years, available on various platforms, but always with the same mission in mind: To bring calendar events and tasks together in one location, making the management of life simple and easy. Over time more features have been added, and over a million customers have discovered the powerhouse that is Pocket Informant.
New additions include, but are not limited to:
* Apple Watch app is here!
* Import Reminders into any Project – for example automatically import new Reminders you create with Siri to your Informant Sync Project
* Calendar Color users can now set Tags to have no color (edit the tag and remove the color)
* For iOS 8 users we have replaced the Dropbox backup with iOS 8’s Cloud Storage browser so you can backup and restore your backups to any iOS 8 supported cloud service
* Backups now store more – settings, attached photos, and voice notes
* Added Russian Localization
* Updated UI to select default projects
* Searches now trim whitespace at the beginning and end
* Small updates to Today Plugin
* Improved ETA internals
* Improved Quick Entry parsing
* Updated 1Password, TextExpander, and Support integration
* Improved some layout on iPhone 6
* Informant 4.7 is built off the same base as Desktop Informant for OS X so we’ve also have many of the internal improvements shared between them including updated interface imagery
Pricing and Availability:
Pocket Informant 4.70 is available globally from the iTunes App Store in the Productivity category. It is a universal application, making it one purchase for all of your Apple mobile devices. Pocket Informant is a free download with basic features, and offering the option to upgrade in-app to Premium at a cost of $14.99 (USD) to use all features. WebIS welcomes any inquiries, and will provide promotional copies of Pocket Informant Premium for members of the press.WebIS
Pocket Informant 4.70
Download from iTunes
Headquartered in Cedar Park, Texas, WebIS, Inc. is a privately funded Corporation founded in 1997 by Alex Kac. WebIS has focused on the Mobile PDA and Smartphone market since August of 2001 and quickly rose to become one of the top ten developers by sales for mobile devices shortly thereafter. WebIS is a group of people dedicated to providing quality products, which meet the highest standards, to improve our customers’ lives. They have a reputation for innovative, well-planned, and usable design, striving always to do the right thing. They are a dynamic and fluid company, which allows them to make decisions not bound to rigid policy. Copyright (C) 2015 WebIS, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.