[prMac.com] Spokane, Washington – PhatWare Corporation, leading professional software and application developer, is proud to announce today the immediate availability of the new version of multiplatform, multilingual handwriting recognition WritePad Software Development Kit (SDK) for iOS 7. The WritePad SDK 4.2 is now optimized for the latest version of iOS 7.1, including support for new ARM 64-bit architecture, improved handwriting recognition quality especially when used for recognition of large digital ink data, and updated UNICODE (UTF-16) APIs for better compatibility with different operating systems. WritePad SDK sample code and documentation have been also updated.
WritePad SDK enables application developers to add handwriting-based text input, which is automatically converted to digital text. The WritePad SDK is also available for OEM licensing. WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based. To request free evaluation online, inquire about commercial pricing, and for more information about the WritePad SDK, please visit PhatWare online.
WritePad SDK Features:
* Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
* Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
* Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
* Supports 11 languages, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
* Supports iOS 6 though iOS 7.1, including armv7, armv7s, and arm64 architectures.
* Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right “out of the box.”
* Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
WritePad SDK for iOS is shipped with the handwriting recognition engine universal static library for multiple device architectures and iOS simulator, dictionaries for all supported languages including US Medical dictionary, API header files, documentation, and sample code in Objective-C. In addition to iOS, WritePad SDK is also available on Android OS, Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1 and Windows Phone. To request a free evaluation copy the WritePad SDK, please visit PhatWare online.PhatWare
WritePad SDK 4.2
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare’s products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2014 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare, PhatPad, PenOffice, and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.