[prMac.com] Copenhagen, Denmark – Numbers Academy, a unique competitive math puzzle game for iOS and Android, has launched on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. The second game from Copenhagen-based studio Pixel Juice, Numbers Academy provides a fun and competitive experience for players to see who can come up with the best solution to each puzzle.
Players of any skill level can enjoy the game at one of the 3 available difficulty levels – easy, normal and expert. At each difficulty level, players must experiment with the numbers to find the best solution. Academy experts might find that it would be better to prioritize creativity over accuracy in order to score more points and win the game.
The asynchronous multiplayer game is played over 3 rounds. Players take their turn when it suits them, and earn coins by playing. Coins can be used to buy power-ups, portraits and solutions. The game rewards creative and elaborate solutions. Different solutions can be explored for each puzzle by asking the professor after each round.
Highlights of Numbers Academy include:
* Fun and competitive math puzzle game for everyone to enjoy
* Asynchronous multiplayer game – take your turn when it suits you
* Earn coins by playing the game and scoring high
* Use earned coins to buy Timeboosts for instant extra 30 seconds to solve puzzles
* Explore the depth of the points system and get rewarded for creative and elaborate solutions
* Use earned coins to Ask the Professor for other solutions – you might learn a few tricks
* In the Shop: Get the Double Time and Double Coins power-ups to permanently get ahead of the pack. Extra coins are also available for purchase
* Use earned coins to customize your profile with one of the many unique portraits
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 15.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Numbers Academy 1.1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. To learn more about the game, check out the launch teaser trailer.Pixel Juice
Numbers Academy 1.1.0
Download from iTunes
Download from Google Play
YouTube Video (Trailer)
Press Kit (zip)
In May 2011 three highly experienced veterans from the Danish games industry founded Pixel Juice. Their first title, Egg Punch, was released in December 2011 and became an instant hit in the iPad charts in the US and the rest of the world. Presenting their second title Numbers Academy, Pixel Juice again demonstrates high quality indie game development, bringing a social and competitive handheld gaming experience for gamers worldwide to enjoy on iOS and Android. Pixel Juice is based in Copenhagen. Copyright (C) 2012 Pixel Juice. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.