[prMac.com] New York, NY – Bonn, Germany – Norbert M. Doerner today released NeoFinder 7.4.1, a smaller update for the Digital Asset Manager NeoFinder Mac 7.x. The new version adds more image file support (Canon compressed .cr3, Phase One EIP, Sigma X3F, Clip Studio “.clip”) , and nine more data columns for the List View. Also included are numerous improvements, also for macOS 10.14.
All new features and enhancements of NeoFinder 7.4.1:
* NeoFinder can now catalog thumbnails of Canon compressed RAW “.cr3” files
* NeoFinder can now catalog thumbnails SVG files
* NeoFinder now has nine new columns in List View: Camera Maker, Lens Name, IPTC Persons, ISRC, XMP Caption Writer, XMP Byline, Audio Channels, Audio Sample rate, and Audio Bitrate
* NeoFinder can now catalog Clip Studio “.clip” files
* NeoFinder can now catalog RAW files of Sigma .X3F format
* Preliminary support to catalog thumbnails of Phase One Capture One “.eip” RAW files
* You can now search for EXIF camera name, lens name, and maker name in the Find Editor and of course using the Label menu in the Inspector
* You can now also search for “has no XMP” and “has ISRC” in the Find Editor
* The improved Multi-Editor is now also available for Finder Tags and XMP People fields
* More Label menus in the Inspector for ISRC, FileCheck, EXIF values, XMP Keywords
* NeoFinder now catalogs the iTunes Producer description files “metadata.xml”
* NeoFinder now catalogs EXIF data contained in XMP records, in case the original file has none, or these cannot be processed
* Improved Export as Text and XML by having separate Height, Width, and Duration fields for Media-Info. That is helpful for Stock Photographers
* NeoFinder will now remember the sort order along with the sort type in the Sort menu for Icon View and others
* You can now prevent NeoFinder from sorting keywords alphabetically when displaying and saving them
* The contextual menu for one catalog is much better organised now
* Catalogs now save the date and time they were last Updated (not just modified!)
* Can now properly sort the List View by Path
* The “NoChangePlease” hidden settings is now honoured by the Wikipedia Inspector and the Map
* Fixes a problem with some Find Editor settings
* Fixes a problem with incorrect badge number displays for Album Groups in macOS 10.14
* Fixes a problem with Album and Smart Folders names containing a “.” in their name
* Fixes a problem reading certain audio files larger than 4 GB
* Fixes a problem cataloging certain JPG files created by a scanner (containing empty ISO arrays in their EXIF section)
* Fixes more visual problems in macOS 10.14
* Fixes a problem writing Finder Comments when leaving the text field in the Inspector with the Tab key
* Fixes a memory problem when cataloging very large numbers of compressed Fuji RAW files (.RAF)
* Fixes a problem with the CDFinder 2.x Importer
* Many small fixes and improvements
* NeoFinder 7.4.1 requires Mac OS X 10.8 or later
* NeoFinder 7.4.1 is a free update to all NeoFinder 7.x users
* NeoFinder 7.x is a paid upgrade to licensed users of NeoFinder 6.x and the old CDFinder, upgrade price starting at 19 Euros
* New licenses start at 29 Euros for a NeoFinder Private License
* Cataloging – NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos. NeoFinder also edits Adobe XMP data, including keywords, persons, and ratings. All these are arranged clearly in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, fonts, text files, and even audio files, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
* Managing Metadata – The built-in XMP metadata editor with presets can edit and add keywords, ratings, persons, descriptions, copyright information, and more to photos and videos.
* Networking – Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
* Mobile – Keep your NeoFinder database with you on your iPhone or iPad with the separate NeoFinder for iOS app.
* Integration – Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios. The AppleScript support in NeoFinder allows custom integrations of all kinds.
* Geotagging – Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays important facts about any geolocation in the truly unique Wikipedia Inspector.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1996, more than 88,000 customers in 102 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organize their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, and Warner Bros.
Language Support: German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Mac OS X v10.8 – macOS 10.14. Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions are still available.
* Separate app for iOS (iPhone and iPad) is available
Pricing and Availability:
The price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users. Cross-grades for users of similar applications (Cinematica, DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, Extensis Portfolio, and others) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website.NeoFinder 7.4.1
Download NeoFinder for macOS
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the audio transcription software F5.app. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 1991-2019 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.