[prMac.com] Bonn, Germany – Norbert M. Doerner is proud to announce the release of NeoFinder 6.9 for Mac OS X, (formerly known as CDFinder). Keep track of digital files, photos, songs, movies, fonts on hard drives, USB sticks, servers, Blu-ray disks, DVD-ROMs, CDROMs, and any other digital media. NeoFinder generates thumbnails and metadata of files, for powerful search possibilities, smart folders, albums, and more. The new NeoFinder 6.9 offers a unique Importer for the abandoned Extensis Portfolio software, massive speed improvements, and important security fixes.
Features and Improvements of NeoFinder 6.9:
* Brand new Importer for Extensis Portfolio Export files allows you to rescue your valuable keywords from the discontinued Portfolio products
* Massively improved Find performance, especially on Mac OS X 10.10 and 10.11. In these two Mac OS X versions, Apple has introduced extremely slow string comparison code, which NeoFinder now replaces with its own, much better, hand optimized, code
* This version fixes the Sparkle-Updater security problem by using the safe SSL protocol
* Access to the maps of OpenStreetMap now uses the safe, encrypted SSL protocol
* Access to the MusicBrainz database for Audio-CDs now uses the safe, encrypted SSL protocol
* Improved cataloging of certain NEF RAW files that could fail to produce thumbnails and metadata
* Improved handling of new Tags when entering and editing these in the Inspector
* NeoFinder now prevents duplicate Tags from being added to files or folders
* Improved handling of protected catalog files. NeoFinder will now suppress any editing options for items in such catalogs
* Improved DiskLibrary Importer that handle large amounts of disks better
* Improved performance of the Inspector when browsing cataloged server volumes
* Cataloging of Adobe XMP data now also reads the “AuthorsPosition”
* Fixes a problem with “Find kind is NOT…”
* Fixes a possibly severe memory problem when updating a very large catalog
* Fixes a problem in Find Duplicates, where items with different modification dates could be considered identical
* Fixes a problem in Apples Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, where Apple tells NeoFinder a totally wrong number of files on SMB server volumes
* Improves compatibility with keywords added to XMP by Adobe Lightroom
* Fixes a problem with certain malformed disk image files during cataloging
* Fixes a possible problem in the movie contact sheet if certain system fonts are not available
* Many smaller enhancements and fixes
Metadata – NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos, and also Adobe XMP data. All these are arranged clearly in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, fonts, and text files, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
Integration – Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios.
Geotagging – Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays amazing facts about any geolocation in the unique Wikipedia Inspector.
Networking – Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
Mobile – Keep your NeoFinder database with you on your iPhone or iPad with the separate NeoFinder for iOS app.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1995, more than 62,000 customers in 98 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organise their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Requires Mac OS X v10.6.8 – 10.11 El Capitan
* Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions are still available
* Separate app for iOS (iPhone and iPad) is also available
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder 6 is a paid update to licensed users of CDFinder, update price starting at 19 Euros. Cross-grades for users of competing applications (DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, and more) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website, the price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users. NeoFinder 6.9 is a free update to all NeoFinder customers.NeoFinder 6.9
Direct Download for Mac
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the audio transcription software F5.app. Copyright (C) 1991-2016 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.