[prMac.com] Langenhahn, Germany – Norbert M. Doerner has released NeoFinder 6.2 (formerly known as CDFinder) which now catalogs fonts and uses color labels. It also has a FileMaker Pro integration and better navigation and displays. NeoFinder makes it easier than ever to keep track of your digital files, photos, songs, movies, on hard disks, CDROMs, Blu-ray disks, DVD-ROMs, server disks, and any other digital media.
NeoFinder 6.2 includes:
* Color labels! Mark any file, folder, or catalog with a color icon! You can turn that option on in the Labels preferences
* Cataloging now supports fonts! Several formats are supported
* You can now change the font size of all views in NeoFinder (in the View Settings!)!
* NeoFinder now remembers the view settings for each catalog!
* The FileMaker integration is back with a new sample database! This also means that certain Find parameters are now accessible by AppleScript again
* New menu commands “Go Back” and “Go Forward” to ease navigation inside NeoFinder
* Added a context menu for “Search These Items”, for selected catalog or catalog folders!
* The icon in the metadata of Blu-ray movie disks is now used for the catalog icon, if it exists
* Folders inside archive files now have a different icon
* New command ‘Reconnect Catalog’ to reconnect a catalog to a modified (renamed or otherwise modified) original volume
* One KB now equals 1000 bytes in NeoFinder, not 1024, as before. A hidden setting can be used to change that
* Import for catalog now has the option to Select All files, in case the old catalogs have the wrong filetype/creator codes. Please use with care…
* The Update in NeoFinder & Eject.app is back! Cataloging can now be triggered by AppleScript again
* Added a menu command to show or hide LIBRARY
* The Find Editor has new commands to search for items with or without a comment
* The NeoFinder Map now has the option to show the current location in Bing maps
* Changing the comment of a Found item works all the time now
* The QuickFind field is a little wider now
* Opening and closing a large number of items in the list view is massively faster now
* NeoFinder can now read the Geotags in movie files of Casio video cameras
* If MusicBrainz returns an error message when cataloging an Audio-CD, NeoFinder will now display that
* All changes to a catalog are now saved immediately, which is important for networking use
* Sorting of certain columns works correctly now
* The folder list in the Batch Catalog window and the New Catalog selector now sorts and indents the existing folders in the same way as in LIBRARY
* The cataloging progress window is now visible in all screen setups (and multi screen setups, too)
* Memory usage during cataloging of Open Meta tags has been drastically reduced
* The Find Editor now correctly stores the searched label for Smart Folders
* The maximum cataloging depth preference is now honored while cataloging Disk Images as well
* Fixes the error -43 when revealing certain files on SMB file servers
* Cataloging now deals better with huge files, or very slow disks
* Cataloging file and bundle versions is now faster and more reliable
* Fixes a problem in the Find engine that could cause problems for non-roman font systems
* Handling and speed of large database folders (more than 2000 catalogs) had been improved
* KMZ Export now works better with Google Earth 6.2 and newer
* Handling of certain MP3 music cover art in PNG format has been improved
* Selection on catalogs in the Find Editor and the AutoUpdater window works much better now for larger database folders
* Fixes a problem in which NeoFinder would not always automatically mount the server volume that contained the database folder
* Fixes a large number of other small problems and bugs
Metadata – NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos, and also Adobe XMP. All these are clearly arranged in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
Integration – Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios.
Geotagging – Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed.
Networking – Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1995, more than 56,000 customers in 93 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organize their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Universal Binary (PowerPC and Intel Macs)
* Requires Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
* Previous CDFinder versions for older Mac OS operating systems are also available
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder 6 is a paid update to licensed users of CDFinder, price starting at 19 Euros. Cross-grades for users of competing applications (DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, iView Media Pro, and more) are available. A free demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website, the price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users. NeoFinder 6.2 is a free update to all NeoFinder customers.NeoFinder 6.2
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the transcription software F5.app. Copyright (C) 1991-2013 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.