[prMac.com] Helsinki, Finland – Mirtella today is pleased to announce My Own Cookbook 1.1.6 free for iPad, an update to its app that allows users to collect and share recipes that are stored in book format. With elegant white linen pages, users can easily enter recipes manually with the help of an ingredients library, cut and paste recipes from the web, share recipes with other users via Facebook or Dropbox, or purchase gourmet recipes from the My Own Cookbook Store. The app features auto-translation of recipes, auto-conversion of ingredient amounts for number of servings, and recipe photos.
* Store your own recipes and menus
* Photograph a precious handwritten recipe and paste it in your Own Cookbook
* Take screenshots from any web site with your iPad and make a recipe from it
* Copy and paste ingredients, instructions, and pictures from the web to create a recipe
* Automatically adjust ingredient amounts in each recipe for the desired number of servings
* Purchase high quality, gourmet recipes via an in-app purchase at the My Own Cookbook Store
* Built-in Google Translate connectivity translates any recipe from within the app
* Post your recipes to the My Own Cookbook page on Facebook
* Share recipes with other users free via Dropbox
* No memberships, registrations, or sign-ups – just download and use
* Built-in egg timer can be used while following a recipe
* Shopping cart list (send it with email or iMessage)
* Menus (a collection of recipes)
* Shops (addresses with a navigation map)
* View recipes or photos fullscreen
* Create recipe Favorites & recipe Categories
* All recipes stored within the app – no Internet connection required
* Display measures in metric or imperial units
* Printing (AirPrint)
* Search function
An expertly designed, personalized cookbook, My Own Cookbook is different from a printed cookbook or eBook. It is simultaneously, a cookbook of gourmet recipes, a scrapbook of personal recipes, a collection of recipes cut and pasted from the web, plus a source of finding new recipes contributed by users worldwide. With animated page turns of textured linen paper, users can browse through their Own Cookbook page by page, by category, by favorites, or with the integrated text search.
Now, every recipe from every source is available in the same format in one offline book. Featuring classic, sans-serif typography throughout, every recipe is titled in navy blue, with a scrolling ingredients/amounts list in black bold and directions in black plain. In the right margin, below the photo, are small icons and buttons clearly displaying the following: Oven Temperature, Cooking Time, Serves, Full Screen, Google Translate, Favorite, and Add to Cart.
Touch the Cooking Time icon and the built-in timer appears preset, ready to operate in the background. Touch the Serves “+” or “-” symbol and the number of servings is incremented or decremented, while automatically adjusting the amount of each ingredient in the recipe. Full Screen enlarges the HiRes photo to fill the iPad screen or removes all white space to make the recipe fullscreen. Google Translate can instantly translate recipes into any of 65 different languages, while remaining in the app. Favorite stars a recipe or menu, and Add to Cart puts all the recipe’s ingredients on to a shopping list that can be printed out.
“We are very gratified by the overwhelmingly positive response we have received from users of My Own Cookbook,” commented Mia Aihonen of Mirtella Oy. “This new version has a feature where users can post their own recipes to the My Own Cookbook Facebook page. These recipes can then be imported to the My Own Cookbook app from the Facebook page with a couple of clicks.”
* English, German, Swedish, Russian, and Finnish
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 28.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
My Own Cookbook 1.1.6 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Food & Drink category. My Own Cookbook 1.1.6 Consumer Edition is ad-free and is available as an in-app purchase for $5.99 (USD), enabling unlimited saving of recipes and sharing via Dropbox. Chef’s Seasons recipes are also available as an in-app purchase. Review copies are available on request.Mirtella Oy
My Own Cookbook 1.1.6
Download from iTunes
Based in Helsinki, Finland, Mirtella Oy was founded by Mia Aihonen in 2011. The company focus is on iPad productivity software. My Own Cookbook recipes, available as an in-app purchase, were created by gourmet chef Pekka Terava. During his long career, he has cooked in and managed some of the best restaurants in Finland, cooked on domestic and international stages, published books, and hosted TV shows. His restaurant, OLO, in Helsinki, received its first Michelin Star in March 2011. Copyright (C) 2011-2013 Mirtella Oy. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Chairman of the Board of Directors
Facebook Profile: View