[prMac.com] American Fork, Utah – MileBug for iPhone 2.6.1, the popular mile tracker app, adds high resolution graphics and greater internationalization support, as well as requested bug fixes in reports and expenses:
1) New graphics on the tabbar and elsewhere bring a sharper, clearer user experience
2) Greater support for internationalization/localization with currency formatting in Expenses
3) BUG FIX – Reports properly group by Vehicle
4) BUG FIX – Swedish users have use of tabbar on larger iPhone 5 screen
5) BUG FIX – Expenses in Trip records produced from Favorites no longer cross-connected
The Business rate is now 56.5 cents/mile, a one cent increase over last year making this the highest rate in history. The Medical/Moving rate also increased by one cent to 24 cents/mile, while the Charity rate remained at 14 cents/mile.
MileBug also supports iOS 6 and the larger iPhone 5 screen! This means a greater viewing area for both maps and reports, as well as data entry forms. Additionally, MileBug now sports a new color scheme of green and black. Due to the needed upgrade, the minimum iOS supported is now 4.3, requiring an iPhone 3Gs or later model iPhone, but still supporting all models of iPad, including the new iPad Mini, through the 2x magnifier feature.
With just 6 days in the App Store, MileBug 2.6.1 has already received 105 ratings with an average of 4.5 stars.
Back in 2008, just 2 weeks after the iPhone SDK was announced, plans were started for the development of MileBug. It eventually went live in the App Store on August 25th, 2008 as one of only 2600 apps then available in the store. As with many of the early apps, MileBug was priced at $7.99. Over 40 copies were sold that first day. Over time the price has fluctuated, a free version became available, and MileBug continues to be a popular Finance app, consistently appearing in the Finance Top 20 for the past 3 1/2 years, and achieving over 230,000 downloads between the full and lite versions.
With the 2.0 release last year, MileBug now incorporates GPS tracking with full map display. Pins are dropped approximately every 100 meters and can dragged and dropped to edit the trip interactively on the map at any time.
Over the past 4 years, MileBug has enjoyed some recognition:
* On January 4th, 2013, MileBug rose to be the #4 Finance app and #893 overall in the U.S. App Store
* In March 2012, MileBug rose to be the #5 Finance app and #540 overall in the U.S. App Store
* In January 2011, MileBug rose to be the #4 Finance app in the U.S. and #6 in Canada
* In January 2010, MileBug was highlighted in the What’s Hot section of 57 App Stores worldwide
* Also in January 2010, MileBug rose to be the #1 Finance app in Ecuador and #2 Finance app in the United States
* Featured in the Apple’s WorldWide Developers’ Conference (WWDC) banners both in 2009 and 2010
* The MileBug logo appeared in the front window display of the Apple stores in San Francisco and Salt Lake City
Popular on the iPhone and iPod touch, MileBug was released for the Android platform Summer of 2010, and Windows Phone 7 January 2012.
To make next year’s taxes that much easier, and the tax returns that much larger, MileBug helps those driving their own vehicles for business, or other reasons receive their reimbursement and/or tax deduction. From small to big business, from realtors to direct sales consultants, MileBug continues to serve those needing a mileage tax break.
“I love this app. I’ve used it every day for a year and it is just the best…On the first of each month I email a report, print it and get reimbursed. No problems, it just works. Thanks.” – customer review, Oct. 2012
“I’ve used MileBug for several years for business and charity work. It’s easy to enter data and generate reports at year end. A good, trouble-free app.” – customer review, Oct. 2012
“Overall, I highly recommend [MileBug] because it does exactly what it is intended to do. The ease of use and generated reports make filing taxes less of a headache this year.” – Advance IT Solutions, Sep. 2012
“Best Mileage Tracker App: MileBug” – AppChasers, Sep. 2011
In the U.S., the IRS business rate for 2013 is 56.5 cents/mile. MileBug for the iPhone/iPod touch helps people track their miles and provides emailed reports for easy submission to employers, accountants, and the IRS. It only takes tracking 6 miles for MileBug to pay for itself.
Inside the MileBug app is an option to select kilometers instead of miles. From within the Presets, users can define custom rates for business, charity, medical, and other categories. If you get one rate from your employer for reimbursement, and another rate from the IRS for your side business, you simply create two different business rates.
* iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, iPad Mini
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 0.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MileBug 2.6.1 for iOS is $2.99 (USD) available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Finance category.MileBug 2.6.1
Purchase and Download
Screenshot (Add Trip)
Izatt International is a mobile application (iOS, Android) development company in American Fork, UT. Izatt develops applications internally and accepts outside development projects. Copyright 2008-2013 Izatt International. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad Mini are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.