[prMac.com] Cupertino, California – People who love taking pictures on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch can now add a whole new world of fun, excitement and competition to their lives by downloading the unique new no-cost app “Memento: I Know this Place” from developer Fancy Pixel S.r.l. With Memento: I Know this Place, users upload their favorite geotagged pictures – whether it’s of a place, landmark, scene or anything else that they wish – and then invite other users to try and guess where it was taken. Those who guess correctly earn points and climb the Game Center rankings. They also earn “Memento Tickets”, which can be saved and used to get hints on future pictures.
* Take a picture directly from the app or upload a photo from their device’s camera roll
* Create a custom profile that features an avatar or a headshot, and browse through the profiles of other users
* Comment and “like” pictures to encourage or congratulate other users who guess correctly
* Earn cool “Memento Stamps” for performing various tasks, such as uploading one’s first picture, chatting and socializing with other users, and several more
* Enable or disable sounds based on where they are (e.g. on a flight, in a library, and more)
* Tag pictures as Private so that they’re only visible to friends, or make them Public so that all users can view and guess
“With Memento: I Know this Place, users can prove that they’re a savvy world traveler and really put their memory and sleuthing skills to the test!” commented Andrea Mazzini of Fancy Pixel S.r.l. “It’s a great way to connect with others, have fun, and maybe even get inspired to hop in the car, bus, train or plane and see some wonderful new sights in up close and in person!”
Memento: I Know this Place, the fun and unique new no-cost app that lets users share a pic, guess the location, earn points, win tickets, and collect stamps, is available now in the App Store.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 9.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Memento: I know this place 1.2.2 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.Memento: I know this place 1.2.2
Download from iTunes
YouTube Video (Demo)
Fancy Pixel is a startup founded in October 2013, and we are four young Italian engineers that worked together in a research lab of the University of Ferrara. During this period we formed a strong friendship, and given our passion for new technologies we decided to found our own startup. We specialize in designing and developing mobile app for iOS and Android and web apps with Rails. We also have a lot of experience in embedded systems and everything that revolves around the Internet of Things. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Fancy Pixel. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.