[prMac.com] Schaumburg, Illinois – Meadows Publishing Solutions, the developers of the popular DesignMerge variable data software package, today announced their partnership with Enfocus as a Certified Solution Partner.
* DesignMerge Pro is an award-winning suite of plug-in modules that allow users to quickly and easily create variable data output from any Adobe InDesign document
* Meadows is now a Certified Solution Partner for Enfocus Switch.
* Switch is Enfocus’ industry-renowned solution designed to automate repetitive tasks and reduce the number of touch points associated with receiving, sorting and processing files. Errors are eliminated and throughput increased thanks to the seamless integration with DesignMerge Pro.
* The DesignMerge Pro configurator for Enfocus Switch adds automated variable data processing to Switch workflows.
* Meadows and Enfocus will be demonstrating their products in booth #254 and #255, respectively, at the PRINT 17 show, September 10-14, 2017 at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL, so please stop by for a demonstration!
Meadows Publishing Solutions, the developers of the popular DesignMerge variable data software package, today announced their partnership with Enfocus as a Certified Solution Partner. The first offering from Meadows under the partnership is the newly- released DesignMerge Pro configurator for Enfocus Switch. The configurator enables DesignMerge Pro to integrate with Enfocus Switch, providing users the ability to design and implement fully automated variable data workflows capable of processing thousands of data records in an automated fashion.
Enfocus Switch is a workflow design and automation solution that enables the creation of custom workflows. A workflow is created by adding and connecting a series of unique “Flow Elements”, each designed to provide a specific service. As a simple example, a basic Flow Element might provide a service to accept input from a watched folder, or from an FTP site, and route that input automatically to different parts of the flow. Output from a Flow Element can then be routed for further processing or printing.
The DesignMerge Pro configurator for Enfocus Switch is a custom Flow Element that can be used to add variable data processing services to any Switch flow. There are a number of services available with the DesignMerge Pro configurator that can be specified by the user when designing a workflow.
* VDP Preflight Service: Checks for common VDP errors, such as missing fixed or variable graphics, missing fonts and invalid data layouts.
* Multi-up Imposition Service: Automatically builds a multi-up version of the one-up VDP document being processed using a set of user- defined templates.
* VDP Print Service: Merges and prints the document in PDF, PDF/VT, or PPML output formats, and routes the output files to a printer hot folder, or directly to a digital press.
“We developed the DesignMerge Pro configurator to address the needs of our variable data clients that are already processing large amounts of VDP, and are looking for more automated and customizable solutions,” said John Kriho, president of Meadows Publishing Solutions. “After reviewing a number of workflow products, we decided that the flexibility and customization features offered by Enfocus Switch, along with their robust third- party integration support, made it the perfect fit for integration with our DesignMerge suite of software.”
“Customers are increasingly looking to streamline and automate their production workflows by eliminating any unnecessary human intervention,” says Angelo Manno, Global OEM & Strategic Accounts Manager at Enfocus. “It’s impressive to see what the Meadows team has done to help customers achieve this goal. The DesignMerge Pro configurator not only establishes an effortless integration, it also enables Switch to automatically and dynamically configure DesignMerge to check for errors, and process the VDP jobs to the wanted specification. The automated setup, control and processing of VDP jobs completely removes the manual user interaction, eliminating errors, and providing time and cost savings.”
Enfocus is a leading software company specializing in the development of tools to control the quality of PDF files for print and to automate workflow processes in the graphic arts industry. The company’s innovative solutions streamline the workflow throughout the complete production chain – from design to final print – thereby connecting printers, publishers and designers. Enfocus was founded in 1993, is headquartered in Ghent, Belgium. Brands include PitStop, Switch and Connect.
Meadows will be demonstrating the DesignMerge Pro configurator for Enfocus Switch in booth 254 at the upcoming PRINT ’17 show in Chicago, September 10-14, 2017. * For more information, please visit Meadows Publishing Solutions online.Meadows Publishing Solutions
Meadows Publishing Solutions is a software development and integration company specializing in commercial and custom plug-in modules for Adobe InDesign and Adobe Acrobat as well as other extensible technologies. Meadows has developed a number of popular software packages for the database publishing and variable data printing markets, including their award-winning products AutoPriceTM and DesignMerge(R). Founded in 1991, Meadows is based just outside of Chicago in Schaumburg, Illinois. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2017 Meadows Publishing Solutions. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, macOS and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.