[prMac.com] Winona, Minnesota – Independent developer, author and blogger, Brett Terpstra today is pleased to announce the release of Marked 2.5 for OS X. Marked 2.5 is a major update to the powerful writing tool, free to existing users of Marked 2. Included in the updates are Spelling and Grammar checking, global shortcuts, expanded integration with Scrivener, iThoughtsX, MindNode, and even Xcode Playground support.
Tools such as document navigation, auto-scrolling, advanced MathJax configuration, custom styling, and export options have all seen improvements. Marked 2 also integrates closely with mind mapping programs such as iThoughtsX and MindNode, as well as OPML preview, providing a live preview as a Markdown document to allow structuring and working on documents in creativity-inducing ways.
Exporting to PDF and Print now includes custom header and footer font, size, and color. New typography features such as widow/orphan prevention and visible page breaks when previewing allow more control for writers publishing to offline and printed media.
* Spelling and Grammar checking (In App Purchase)
* Custom global shortcuts
* Internal Help browser with smart search, bookmarking and deep linking
* Visualize manual page breaks
* Export options including page after TOC, override font size, customize headers and footers
* New typography features, including orphan/widow prevention
* MindNode support
* Preview Xcode Playground files
* Scrivener improvements (Recognize page breaks, line breaks, internal links and embedded images, comments)
* Fountain improvements (forced elements, toggle comment visibility)
* Revamped welcome screen with quick config
Version 2.5 requires OS X Yosemite (10.10) or higher, and is fully compatible with El Capitan (10.11).
Pricing and Availability:
Marked 2.5 is available on the Mac App Store and direct purchase (trial version available). Normally priced at $13.99 (USD), Marked 2.5 is available for $11.99 for a limited time. The update is free to all existing Marked 2 users.Marked 2.5
Purchase and Download (MAS)
Press Kit (zip)
Brett Terpstra is an independent developer, writer, author, and podcaster hailing from Minnesota (USA). His projects include nvALT, StretchLink, myriad open source releases, two podcasts on ESN (Systematic and Overtired), publication in TUAW, Macworld, MacStories, and on iBooks. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Brett Terpstra. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.