[prMac.com] San Francisco, California – Mark Morford, HowHuman Inc, and Sofi Software LLC are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the new app “Mark Morford’s Apothecary” for iPhone in the App Store, packed with stimulating and provocative compositions and wild love. The app is a sublime, hilarious, barely contained, mostly Free mega-treasury of articles, advice and lifestyle adjustment from Mark Morford, the SF Chronicle’s award-winning columnist and culture critic, and author of The Daring Spectacle.
Apothecary unapologetically delivers:
* Hundreds of Mark’s best and most popular columns from the SF Chronicle, SFGate and beyond, fully searchable
* Thousands of randomized quotes, both feral and shareable (via Twitter and Facebook)
* Hundreds of hot recommendations and bits of advice written exclusively for Apothecary, in five categories
* Obey: Do it now. Not even asking
* Listen: Music recs and playlists galore
* Imbibe: 100s of cocktail recipes, most reader submitted
* Devour: Read this, click this, enjoy this
* Moan: The sexy bits! All yum, all the time.
* Gallery: Personal photos, exclusive to the app
* Boosters: Fresh content since the app was published. New columns, Rx, and more
Apothecary incorporates lovingly detailed art and design to deliver a whimsical verbal and visual joyride befitting the author’s irreverent and iconoclastic world view. The “Insta-Quote Picker” supplies pithy and thought-provoking excerpts from Mark’s extensive catalog, suitable for social sharing with Facebook and Twitter. “Under-The-Counter Prescriptions” are an entertaining and diverting way to find a topical column by mood; or if the reader prefers keyword search, that is available in the “Over-The-Counter” section. The “Rx – Personal Recommendations” feature is the smartphone equivalent of a candy dispenser, if candy were trenchant wit.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 6.1 or later
* 48.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Mark Morford’s Apothecary 1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category. Music, yoga, humor, sex, essays, all in a free app! Additional content is available with in-app purchase.Mark Morford
Mark Morford’s Apothecary 1.0
Download From iTunes
The stunning visual appearance of the app is the handiwork of talented artist Fudo, principal at design firm HowHuman Inc. HowHuman’s specialties include branding, UX, and app design. All programming is by Eric Herrmann, principal at Sofi Software LLC, a developer of Android, iOS, and OSX apps and games. Sofi Software’s other apps include Everything Is Its Own Reward, a free iPad app showcasing local SF Bay artist Paul Madonna. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.