[prMac.com] Duluth, Georgia – Rego 1.0, the elegant new iOS app from Makalu Interactive, will revolutionize the way you capture and share the special and everyday places in your life. Planning trips, sharing special places and recording memories is now a breeze.
Inspired by the challenge of sharing local hikes and favorite hangouts, the Makalu team created Rego to make it easy to bookmark and organize places – where you are, where you’ve been or where you want to go – and capture memories around those places in notes and beautiful photos.
* Add Places – Capture the moment by adding the place you are now. Or plan a trip by adding places anywhere on the map
* Organize with Collections – Hotels, Cafes with Wifi, Real Estate Listings, there’s no end to the possible ways to organize your Rego places
* Add Photos and Notes – Places aren’t just pins on a map. They’re where things happen! Capture those memories in notes and beautiful photos
* Share with a Friend – Rego’s private. Nobody sees what you add to Rego. But sometimes you’ll want to share a place with a friend – or even the whole world – and Rego makes that easy. Shared places import directly in Rego, making it perfect for, “Let’s meet up here!”
* Who Uses Rego? – Everybody! – Travelers, urban explorers, photographers, socialites, event organizers, real estate agents, and more. No matter who you are, we bet you’ll find some interesting and unique ways to use Rego
Move over Fodor’s, Rego turns you and your friends into a community of trusted guides. Rego makes it easy to live the wisdom of Ralph Waldo Emerson, “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
English, Basque, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 8.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Rego 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category. The app is free for 10 places, and then a $0.99 USD upgrade, during the launch sale (regularly $2.99) to add unlimited additional places.Makalu Interactive
Download from iTunes
Review by Shawn Blanc
Press Kit (zip)
An American company with its office on the Mediterranean coast of Spain, Makalu Interactive, founded in 1999, is a nimble crew of friendly and capable people who love cooking up wonderful products that satisfy and delight. We’ve built million-user websites, online games for Google, and an iPhone app that’s timed nearly half a million racers in more than 60 countries around the world. All Material and Software (C) 1999 to 2013. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.