[prMac.com] St. Julians, Malta – Independent development team, CoreCode today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of MacUpdater 1.5, the important update to their popular app updating utility for macOS. MacUpdater runs in the background and scans any Mac’s Applications folder, identifying any applications that have updates available. The identified apps can then be updated with just a few clicks of the mouse.
Version 1.5 of the app is a significant update, offering numerous new and improved features. The app now offers advanced filter options for all displayed apps, as well as the ability to sort apps by any column. Other new features include more options for ignoring updates for a designated period of time, the option to skip scheduled scans when the Mac is running on battery power, and so much more.
“While Apple has made it easy to download and update apps from their Mac App Store, making it easy to keep your App Store-based apps up to date, it doesn’t offer a way to keep track of updates for apps installed from other sources,” says CoreCode marketing manager Brigitte Zmoelnig. “MacUpdate makes it easy to keep track of updates, by quietly scanning your Applications folder for updates, notifying you when updates are available.”
What’s New in Version 1.5:
* Added advanced filter options for displayed apps, e.g. hide all major upgrades
* Added ability to sort apps by any column, including the ‘update type’
* Added options to show release dates of all updates directly in the app table
* Added options to ignore updates just for a specified time (‘snooze’)
* Added option to display an animated scan-arrow instead of the static arrow
* Added new all-new dialoge for management of all your ignored updates
* Added options to set reminders for clearing ignored apps and updates
* Added helping animation to explain that app-info buttons can be clicked
* Added ability to resize MacUpdater’s window in width in addition to height
* Added option to skip scheduled scan when the Mac is on battery power
* Added options to change the fonts being used in the app-list
* Added options to change the red & green colors used in the app-list
* Added keyboard shortcuts for all possible operations
* Added option to recover a lost license-code from the Documentation tab
* Added option to ‘activate’ with an existing license-code from the Documentation tab
* Added workaround to a bug in macOS 10.15 ‘Catalina’ where the window would ‘blink’
* Added workaround to a bug in macOS where the menubar would not be clickable
* Added option for the threshold after how many days scans are started immediately
* Display the current size of the backup folders contents in the preferences
* Display ignored apps and folders that don’t exist anymore with red text color
* Display more information about apps and updates in the app-info window
* Fixed issue with updating apps that update themselves at the same time
* Fixed issue where some rare apps would not show the correct ‘Latest Version’
* Fixed issue where the window would reset to its default height
* Fixed issue with VoiceOver and Accessibility support
MacUpdater runs quietly in the background, keeping watch for updates on a daily basis, notifying users when updates are available. Users also have the option to manually scan their apps for available updates. Filtering options allow users to display only outdated apps, or to ignore apps they don’t wish to update. Version 1.5 adds advanced filter options for displayed apps, and the ability to sort apps by any column.
MacUpdater not only updates apps, it also make backups of the old version of the updated app, allowing users to restore the old version is the new version doesn’t run satisfactorily. Backups of the downloaded installation programs can also be made, making it easy to reinstall apps if needed.
In addition to checking for available app updates, the utility can usually automatically download and install the app for the user. Even when MacUpdater can’t automatically update a app, it can launch the app’s update installer. The app can even detect when Mac App Store apps require an update, and open the Mac App Store to allow users to update the apps using the Store’s update functionality.
The MacUpdater database has information about the latest versions of more than 40,000 apps, and the list is growing every day. The app can automatically update around 5,000 popular apps with the click of a button.
MacUpdater tries to be helpful even for those apps that it cannot update yet automatically. For apps that can only be updates with proprietary updaters (like Adobe and Microsoft), it offers to launch these updaters for you. In other cases it can still help you by opening the download website for you or launching apps that can update themselves.
MacUpdater’s new features join an already excellent set of features, including:
* Automatic tracking of the latest updates available for installed Mac apps
* Finds the latest version that’s compatible with the installed macOS version
* Apps with updates listed in red for easy detection
* Provides one-click update for many apps, just click the “Update” button for any app
* Loads at startup, runs quietly in the background
* Low impact on system resources
* Notifies users when updates are available
* Filter Bar: Show all apps, or just apps that are not up-to-date
* Menu Bar icon indicates how many app updates are available
* Update Queue allows multiple apps to be updated at once
* In-progress updates can be cancelled
* The height of the MacUpdater window can be increased to allow viewing more apps at once
* The correct ‘Latest Version’ is shown, even if a newer version is installed. (e.g. a beta)
* All-new info-button displays release notes and information about the app and its update
* Download URL displays while downloading updates
* New feedback dialogue for problems with apps or updates
* New option to make backups of replaced old apps
* New option to make backups of downloaded installers
* Fully localized into Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Dutch, German and French
* Use concurrently on up to 5 Macs
* Free trial download allows updating 10 apps
* Total Privacy: No registration needed
* Pay just once, no subscription required
“MacUpdater ensures your Mac’s installed apps stay up to date. And version 1.5 brings some great new features that makes it easier than ever to keep you Mac’s apps up-to-date,” says product manager Jamie Stevenson. “We’ve used the terrific feedback from our users to continue to improve the app, and we’re not finished. Keep an eye out for more great new features!”
* macOS 10.13 or later
* Compatible with macOS Catalina 10.15
* 64-bit Processor
* 9.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MacUpdater 1.5 is a free download and is available worldwide exclusively through the CoreCode website. Users can scan for updates for free and update up to 10 apps for free. Users can pay $9.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) to unlock the ability to update additional apps. Review copies are available upon request.CoreCode
Headquartered in St. Julians, Malta, CoreCode has been developing Mac software since 1998. The development team specializes in building awesome apps for macOS and iOS. The company offers a variety of free and commercial applications, with over a dozen commercial apps offer for sale and over two-dozen open source apps released to Mac users. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2019 CoreCode. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh Mac OS X and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.