[prMac.com] Kirkland, Washington – Quarter Til 2 today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of LucidTime 1.0, their elegant and customizable desktop clock solution for Mac OS X. LucidTime sits quietly in the background on any Mac OS X Desktop, providing a subtle indicator of the time of day, without interrupting a user’s important focus on the work at hand.
LucidTime presents its clock on the Mac desktop, by default hovering just above the desktop background and below any windows or applications displayed on the screen, coming to the forefront only when the user so desires. The app’s built-in customization options can set the clock to appear above all of the windows, in the normal window hierarchy, or behind all windows.
LucidTime offers a selection of three highly customizable clocks, each offering their own individually elegant method of presenting the time of day. Additional clocks will be available via a convenient in-app purchase, and users can easily customize any of the clocks to fit their personal needs or whims.
The app includes three customizable clocks:
* SimpleClock – A simple clock face that offers a customizable display of tick marks and bezel
* LucidClock – A graphically rich clock with elements providing various degrees of 2D- and 3D-effects
* NixieClock – A display that simulates the popular nixie tubes that display the time by simulating cold cathode tube numbers
* The color of each clock component (the hour, minutes, and second hands; major and minor tick marks; and more)
* The display size of each clock
* The transparency level of each clock and each clock element
* Clocks can be positioned anywhere on the screen via select-and-drag
* Show or hide the seconds display for any clock, as wells show or hide various other clock elements for each clock
“The idea for LucidTime came to me totally by accident. A wall clock in my office cubicle fell and broke. I was able to salvage the mechanism and its hands, so I hung it on the wall, with pushpins to mark the hours,” says app developer Jeff Szuhay. “Later, my wife and I received a vintage Dutch Golden Hour Clock as a wedding present. The final inspiration came in the form of the Transparent Clock widget in the much-beloved but long-gone Konfabulator environment. Each of these clocks inspired my work on the LucidTime app.”
Each clock has multiple display styles:
* LucidClock can be outline, filled, or 3-D. (More effects are planned)
* SimpleClock can have rounded or square lines
* NixieClock can be set to show or hide today’s date and/or seconds
LucidTime clocks are designed to provide a quick glance at the time of day, without distracting users from their daily tasks. They offer an attractive and entertaining way to mark the passage of time. Quarter Til 2 Software will continue to work to develop additional clock styles in order to offer a unique variety of timepieces for the Mac OS X desktop.
* OS X 10.12.6 (Sierra) or higher
* 64-bit processor
* 4.9 MB hard disk space
Pricing and Availability:
LucidTime 1.0 is only $2.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies), and is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category. The app includes 3 highly customizable clocks: SimpleClock, LucidClock, and NixieClock. Review copies are available upon request.Quarter Til 2 Software
Purchase and Download (MAS)
Kirkland, Washington-based Quarter Til 2 was founded in 2015 to bring elegant, subtle, yet compelling timekeeping apps to the Mac desktop. The company aims to bring back elegant timekeeping to the desktop via their customizable and attractive virtual timepieces. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2017 Quarter Til 2. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Facebook Profile: View