[prMac.com] New York, New York – Spark rounds of fun by competing against friends in a battle of wit and wiles with the immediate release of Wordstop for the iOS. A uniquely challenging 2-person word game, Wordstop asks players to get creative in making their opponent form words of three or more letters from a continuous letter sequence. A scholastic challenge, an educational tool, and a fun way to discover quirky, new words – Wordstop is simply addictive and perfect for enjoying an absolutely amazing and indubitably intelligent word building game with friends and family.
Wordstop lets players engage in an exciting and enriching competition while testing their imagination and creativity, regardless of skill. Players take turns alternately adding letters to a growing letter cluster. The first player to resign, to play a non-existent letter chain or to form a complete word of 3 letters or more loses. With over 17,000 possible play combinations after the first 3 moves, Wordstop includes game enhancing features such as bombs for removing irrelevant letters and the vocabulary expanding Word Wizard.
“Wordstop was born out of love for words and apps,” commented Alexandra Kazantseva, Wordstop co-creator. “Its a game that can be picked up in seconds but take years to master. No matter how good or bad your vocabulary, you will constantly discover words you never thought existed. We felt that traditional word games have become repetitive and are thrilled to introduce Wordstop to the casual players on the lookout for addictive social games, to families wanting fun and education and wordsmiths eager to test their word chess skills.”
* Exciting variants, power ups, points and more
* Unlimited possibilities of play, including 17,000 play combinations after 3 moves
* Bomb power-ups to help conquer challenging letter chains
* Word Wizard – easy and fun way to discover new words
* Integrated with the International Scrabble Dictionary, including 150,000 words for word verification and discovery
* Connect via Facebook, email or username
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* This app is optimized for iPhone 5
Pricing and Availability:
Wordstop is available for free on the iTunes App Store.Wordstop 1.0.2
Download from iTunes
Based in New York, Word Play is an independent studio dedicated to the development of great quality games for mobile. Founded by word game lovers, casual gamers and parents, Word Play brings out the children in us through entertainment, education and fun. Copyright (C) 2013 Word Play. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.