[prMac.com] Palo Alto, California – Following the worldwide success of the first and second Leo’s Pad apps for iPad, Kidaptive has released the next animated appisode of the Leo’s Pad Preschool Kids Learning Series. Stanford-trained educators have teamed up with an Emmy-award winning director and feature film animators to create this highly acclaimed series of adaptive learning apps.
The animated stories follow the adventures of eight-year-old friends: Leo (Leonardo da Vinci), Gally (Galileo), and Marie (Curie). In appisodes 1 and 2, the friends construct a telescope and build a rocket to travel through space while learning valuable skills, which are assessed by the app.
In the third appisode, “Catch that Question”, children learn about gravity when Marie invents flying belts that allow her to fly. However, Marie’s Question Lab begins to float away into the sky, and everyone must act quickly to help.
As part of the story, learners help Leo with painting, flying, and catching fireflies through games and activities. These activities are carefully engineered to teach learning dimensions such as turn-taking, impulse control, emotion identification in others, attention control, and collaboration.
Interactive games are integrated into the story and allow children to engage with the characters directly. The adaptive technology allows the difficulty of games in the app to automatically adjust based on previous responses by the learner.
Appisodes 1 – 3 are now available in the Leo’s Pad: Preschool Kids Learning Series app. A total of 25 learning apps will be released in the series.
Reviews and awards for the Leo’s Pad series:
* Featured in iTunes App Store New & Noteworthy
* Common Sense Media: 5 stars, “a high-quality, educational appisode for preschoolers”
* TechCrunch: “The future of children’s entertainment.”
* Tap! Magazine UK: “Interactive gameplay at its best”
* Featured on Fox Business News and Sky News
* Top Kids Apps: “The perfect educational app”
* Parenting Magazine: “A unique mix between a storybook, a cartoon and an activity app.”
* Activities that help children learn skills such as turn-taking, impulse and attention control, and collaboration
* Adaptive game leveling that changes difficulty with your child’s performance
* Games that parents and children play together
* Modeling of social skills like deliberate practice
* Fun and memorable songs
* Designed for children up to age 6
* No 3rd-party advertising
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 507 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The Leo’s Pad: Preschool Kids Learning Series app is free on iTunes. The third appisode is now available within the app for an introductory price of $2.99 (USD).Kidaptive
Leo’s Pad: Preschool Kids Learning Series 1.3
Kidaptive is an innovative educational technology company that helps children learn through a combination of entertaining storylines, adaptive content, and a curriculum developed in collaboration with Stanford University researchers. Kidaptive is the winner of Startup World San Francisco 2013. Copyright (C) 2013 Kidaptive, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.