[prMac.com] New York, New York – As almost every parent has experienced, telling young children to “finish playing in 10 minutes” or there are “only 5 more minutes until bedtime” can be frustrating for everyone. While parents might feel their children are uncooperative, the concept of time itself is too abstract for young children to understand. Fortunately, this obstacle can be effectively and enjoyably overcome thanks to the recently updated app Kid-Do Timeline.
Developed by Gepemat LLC and available for Android, iPhone and now iPad, Kid-Do Timeline is a groundbreaking app that displays the passing of time in a child-friendly way. Horizontal bars of color – “Activity Timelines” – move from right to left across the screen, simply illustrating time passing as children fulfill given activities and routines. Caregivers can easily set up daily and weekly routines on the timeline with pre-programmed activities represented by colorful and easy-to-identify illustrations. Activities include daily such tasks as “brush your teeth” or “put your shoes on”.
Kid-Do allows kids to easily see, understand and appreciate:
* All of their upcoming activities, which are clearly lined up end-to-end
* How much time has progressed for each activity
* How much time remains for each activity
* How much time remains until the end of a routine
* When a routine is complete
What’s more, each Activity Timeline is set against appealing landscapes and cozy rooms, which change as time unfolds. This creates a warm and engaging experience for children, who naturally learn better and faster as they are enjoying themselves. Daily tasks that kids usually avoid become a game they are eager to participate in. The latest version of Kid-Do Timeline now includes exceptional sound as well, which enhances the overall experience and adds to the fun.
Other Kid-Do Timeline special features include:
* The option for children to swipe their screen and see the next activity – which is a potent source of motivation to usher them through tasks they don’t enjoy
* Over 50 built-in activities to choose from in 5 categories: “meals,” “getting ready,” “bathroom/washing up,” “bedtime,” and “other activities”
* The option to create an unlimited number of custom activities outside the array of pre-programmed choices
* The option to pre-set run days and times and receive notifications before routines begin
* A “quick routine” feature that’s ideal for spontaneous or unplanned activities
* The option to pause or rearrange activities
* No ads or in-app purchases of any kind
“We’re parents with small children, and we developed the Kid-Do Timeline for our kids, because we saw them struggle to manage their time,” commented the app’s creators. “Whether getting them through their morning routines or sending them off to sleep, the Kid-Do Timeline helps make schedules and routines accessible and fun for kids, and helps them understand that the less time they waste now, means more time doing what they like later!”
In addition to assisting younger children in understanding time, the timeline is also effective for other children who struggle to manage time, stay focused on the task at hand, and/or stick to routines.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 87.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Kid-Do Timeline 2.0, the groundbreaking activity routine assistant for parents that is now updated with sound, is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Lifestyle category. There is also an Android version available on Google Play.Kid-Do Timeline 2.0
Purchase and Download (iOS)
YouTube Video (Demo)
Gepemat LLC is a provider of technology-based solutions for parents, committed to empowering parents and children with smart, interactive tools. Founded in 2013, Gepemat LLC is run by a husband and wife team. They have three children, ages eight, six and three. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Gepemat LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.