[prMac.com] Paris, France – DotEmu, developer and publisher specializing in modern releases of beloved retro games, is proud to announce the worldwide release of The Last Express on iPhone and iPad. Designed by Jordan Mechner, best known as the creator of the Prince of Persia franchise and martial-arts classic Karateka, The Last Express is an intrigue-filled adventure set aboard the luxurious Orient Express.
In July 1914, on the eve of World War I, as the train departs on its final journey from Paris to Constantinople, the player steps into the shoes of Robert Cath, an American doctor with a mysterious past. A fugitive from French police, Cath boards the train in answer to an urgent telegram from his best friend – and plunges into a maelstrom of conspiracy, romance and murder.
“The Last Express was a labor of love for me and the Smoking Car team. We strove to recreate the vanished world of 1914 Europe in a way that would feel authentic and immersive,” said Jordan Mechner. “I’m especially proud of the game’s non-linear, interactive storytelling. I’m excited that a new generation of gamers will have the opportunity to experience it on iOS.”
“Out of the dozen of classic games we re-launched on the mobile space, The Last Express is definitely our favorite one.” said Xavier Liard, DotEmu President.
“It has been a very challenging project, we spent countless hours to bring back this must-have in your pocket. We really hope that players will enjoy the ride.” said Romain Tisserand, DotEmu CTO.
* 20+ hours of game play
* Interact with 30+ characters who behave like actual people on a train – moving about in real-time and conversing in their native languages
* Eavesdrop on conversations, sneak into compartments, and uncover clues
* Explore a richly detailed, historically accurate 3D recreation of the 1914 Orient Express
* Your actions affect other characters’ behavior, making every play-through different
* Rewind feature allows you to back up to any point in the story and choose a different course of action
* Playable in 5 languages: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
Exclusive Additional Features Only For iOS:
* Unlock challenging achievements that test your sleuthing skills
* Dynamic, 3-tiered hint system created specifically for iOS
* 20 unlockable character biographies
* Unlock cinematics to replay at any time
About Jordan Mechner:
Jordan Mechner is a video game designer, author, screenwriter and filmmaker, best known as the creator of the Prince of Persia franchise. His games include the 1980s classics Karateka and Prince of Persia, The Last Express (1997), and Ubisoft’s award-winning 2003 Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Over 17 million Prince of Persia games have been sold. In 2010, Jordan Mechner became the first game creator to adapt his own work as a feature film screenwriter with Disney’s Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. It is the highest-grossing video game-based movie to date.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 1.26 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The Last Express 1.02 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.DotEmu
The Last Express 1.02
Purchase and Download
DotEmu, a publisher/developer has the mission to bridge the gap between the best of the old video games on today and tomorrow devices: Flash, iPhone and PC. In May 2010, DotEmu opens its own gaming digital distribution shop and distributes today over downloadable 200 titles. DotEmu has worked on several projects including Street Fighter II – Champion Edition on Adobe Flash, R-Type, X- MEN and Another World on iPhone, and Boulder Dash on various platforms. Created in early 2007, DotEmu provides service, technologies and products to customers in Europe, USA, and Japan. Copyright (C) 2012 DotEmu. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
+1 408 757 0156